+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 17 pound 17 pence per game

re: 17 pound 17 pence per game

Naaa' Not Ginger..She's of 'The left' Aussie...Knows all about the trials and tribulations of the 'Working class.'...She's also very chilled...Quick Ginge, Play the race card..that'll show him!

Sorry just flicking through..'NO EXUSES.' Along with satire..she's obviously just discovered diamond whites! (Cue, silly, sarky, condescending, satirical 'CHILLED' reply..With maybe a gap between sentences..followed by 'Next') Over and out!

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrewer
    More like 15/20000 empty seats.
    Look **** lie about the attendances at the Sty as much as you want as we know how obsessed you lot are, but the capacity at Hillsborough is around 36 to 37 k in reality at the moment, so that equates to the figures i gave on our average.
    Unlike you and your childish oppos i couldn't give a flying *** how many each club get through the doors

I thought honesty was a big thing on PigMad[/quote]

Judging from the drivel above that Mick's posted Ginger_Potts isn't the only one acting like a 12 year old.

Other than that I think he's talking sense. As a neutral looking in it seems a very strange pricing restructure - considering that the ownership is now different to when this restructure was drafted.

Of course there is the argument that it's an expensive hobby but that doesn't explain why your prices are so much more expensive than say those at Derby C

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro
    Of course there is the argument that it's an expensive hobby but that doesn't explain why your prices are so much more expensive than say those at Derby County.
    Well if we are comparing with other championship clubs your absolutely right, Derby had 22,000 season ticket holders at around 13 quid a game and that is the way ahead, the reality tho it does not matter how high we jump up and down prices won't come down at the moment.

It feels like it doesn't matter how many fans we get in anymore and in reality if the team is kicking ass it doesn't matter how much we pay for a big match, it is all about backing your club isn't it?

"and in reality if the team is kicking ass it doesn't matter how much we pay for a big match, it is all about backing your club isn't it?"

Yes...until you can't.

My best mate's lad is a case in point...from a young kid up to his mid/late twenties he never missed, had a season ticket, went to a lot of away games etc etc...now he's married with three kids & can't go anymore, he picks the odd match here & there, he wants to go, his lads want to go, they can't, he just doesn't have enough spare money...rising prices don't help true fans like him but as long as enough people buy the tickets the clubs won't bother too much...it's a real shame but that's how it is now for more & more people.

Quote Originally Posted by hoothoot
    Of course there is the argument that it's an expensive hobby but that doesn't explain why your prices are so much more expensive than say those at Derby County.
    Well if we are comparing with other championship clubs your absolutely right, Derby had 22,000 season ticket holders at around 13 quid a game and that is the way ahead, the reality tho it does not matter how high we jump up and down prices won't come down at the moment.

It feels like it doesn't matter how many fans we get in anymore and in reality if the team is kicking ass it doesn't matter how much we pay for a big match, it is all about backing your club isn't it?[/quote]
    How a club acts towards its customers, because thats how they see us, is indicative to me the Philosophy that they intend taking and the Philosophy i see at S6 at the moment is bleed the silly bastads dry.
    It doesnt matter how rubbish the play is 15-16k wi

[quote="aussieowl"

Yes...until you can't.

My best mate's lad is a case in point...from a young kid up to his mid/late twenties he never missed, had a season ticket, went to a lot of away games etc etc...now he's married with three kids & can't go anymore, he picks the odd match here & there, he wants to go, his lads want to go, they can't, he just doesn't have enough spare money...rising prices don't help true fans like him but as long as enough people buy the tickets the clubs won't bother too much...it's a real shame but that's how it is now for more & more people.[/quote]

Steady on aussie. You'll be accused of being a lefty by the usual FM bigoted seat sniffers with sensible posts like that.

Right at the top of the world game they're obsessed with the term 'legacy' (that and filling their own coffers of course)

[quote="Katchouro"

Yes...until you can't.

My best mate's lad is a case in point...from a young kid up to his mid/late twenties he never missed, had a season ticket, went to a lot of away games etc etc...now he's married with three kids & can't go anymore, he picks the odd match here & there, he wants to go, his lads want to go, they can't, he just doesn't have enough spare money...rising prices don't help true fans like him but as long as enough people buy the tickets the clubs won't bother too much...it's a real shame but that's how it is now for more & more people.[/quote]

Steady on aussie. You'll be accused of being a lefty by the usual FM bigoted seat sniffers with sensible posts like that.

Right at the top of the world game they're obsessed with the term 'legacy'

[quote="Katchouro"

Yes...until you can't.

Right at the top of the world game they're obsessed with the term 'legacy'

damned either way.
    we all moan that we're rubbish, we moan that we have no money to spend, we moan all the time!
    the truth is that modern football requires stupid money spending on players wages for a team to be competitive. if the team isn't competitive we make our excuses and don't go to games! in order to make us competitive we need to raise funds so prices go up and we make our excuses not to go to games!
    i'm one of the mugs that pays on the day and goes in the south stand, so i'm one of the many who will pay through the nose next season.
    will i moan? you bet!
    but i for one am f**ked off with being w**k and am willing to buy into the new way of things in the hope that the football on offer improves as much as the prices have.
    lets be blunt (urrrggh) if it doesn't the new owner will know about it very soon.

as for katch, just how many faces does this pig have?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)