+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Williamson

re: Lee Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    Signs a new deal not sure how I feel about this
    He deserved a new contract as he has given his all this season however as we have stated he is very limited ability wise and with Lowe returning and lenihan emerging from the academy did we really need him?
    I think robin with the embargo kicking in now its probably more important to keep what we be got (within reason)

Hardly in a position to replace players with anything much better on frees/loans/and a cap on wages.

I thought he did OK last season.Does job but maybe gets overlooked due to a lack of flare ?[/quote]

Luckily Rovers have Jason Lowe. Sadly he missed most of the season. I believe Henley will emerge this season as a starter. And I believe he will progress as a footballer under GB. Like player of the season Ollson, who everyone said wasn't good enough. Our poor manager has brought him on. I think Henley will do the same. He l

On the broader subject of the 'total' squad for 2015/16, and in particular the head count 'restriction' of FFP, the obvious concern by many will be the potential injury impact.
    It seems obvious to me that whilst putting 'incurred' match play injury aside, some serious consideration needs addressing towards non match 'break down'.
    Yes I am well aware that this happens with many a player at many a club irrespective, but even so a prudent management (coaching staff etc.) should be monitoring this 'dilemma' in order to attempt to eradicate as much as possible.
    Without having the statistics (Aucks may have ) to hand it would appear to me that for a couple of years now we may well have had more than 'our fair share'.
    Again irrespective, the 'challenge' is still there, and in particular I note in many postings that the observer seems to view quite a number of opposing teams appearing to be a fair bit fitter than ourselves. If that is a fair observation, that goes some way in indicating wha

[quote="Despair"]On the broader subject of the 'total' squad for 2015/16, and in particular the head count 'restriction' of FFP, the obvious concern by many will be the potential injury impact.
    It seems obvious to me that whilst putting 'incurred' match play injury aside, some serious consideration needs addressing towards non match 'break down'.
    Yes I am well aware that this happens with many a player at many a club irrespective, but even so a prudent management (coaching staff etc.) should be monitoring this 'dilemma' in order to attempt to eradicate as much as possible.
    Without having the statistics (Aucks may have ) to hand it would appear to me that for a couple of years now we may well have had more than 'our fair share'.
    Again irrespective, the 'challenge' is still there, and in particular I note in many postings that the observer seems to view quite a number of opposing teams appearing to be a fair bit fitter than ourselves. If that is a fair obse

Aucks,I think most are questioning our fitness levels because of our inability to stop conceding goals late on in games when put under pressure.

I dont attend all home games only some due to work constraints,but do agree with the posters who think we were MUCH fitter under Mark Hughes. Thats how it appears to me(and some others)anyway.

On the subject of Lee Williamson,very much one of our better performers. As usual I find myself 100 per cent in agreement with Howie, its the others in midfield that should be put under the spotlight. I think Williamson accredited himself very well in the important F.A.Cup games and rarely let the team down last season. Others have described him very accurately. Far more worthy of a new contract than about 50 per cent of our current squad.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    He deserved a new contract as he has given his all this season however as we have stated he is very limited ability wise and with Lowe returning and lenihan emerging from the academy did we really need him?
    I think robin with the embargo kicking in now its probably more important to keep what we be got (within reason)

Hardly in a position to replace players with anything much better on frees/loans/and a cap on wages.

I thought he did OK last season.Does job but maybe gets overlooked due to a lack of flare ?[/quote]

Luckily Rovers have Jason Lowe. Sadly he missed most of the season. I believe Henley will emerge this season as a starter. And I believe he will progress as a footballer under GB. Like player of the season Ollson, who everyone said wasn't good enough. Our poor manager has brought

Luckily Rovers have Jason Lowe. Sadly he missed most of the season. I believe Henley will emerge this season as a starter. And I believe he will progress as a footballer under GB. Like player of the season Ollson, who everyone said was

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

Luckily Rovers have Jason Lowe. Sadly he missed most of the season. I believe Henley will emerge this season as a starter. And I believe he will progress as a footballer under GB. Like play

Luckily Rovers have Jason Lowe. Sadly he missed most of the season. I believe Henley will emerge this season as a starter. And I believe he will

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)