+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mayweather deserved winner

Mayweather deserved winner

Never in any doubt, Pacman needed to lead by the 6th round and once he failed it was hardly in doubt that Mayweather's defense would hold through.

Perhaps 5 years ago, Pacman would have enough pace to trouble Floyd. Now there's just 1 fight left for him. Will be Amir Khan's chance or will we see another 'fight of the century?'

re: Mayweather deserved winner

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    Never in any doubt, Pacman needed to lead by the 6th round and once he failed it was hardly in doubt that Mayweather's defense would hold through.

Perhaps 5 years ago, Pacman would have enough pace to trouble Floyd. Now there's just 1 fight left for him. Will be Amir Khan's chance or will we see another 'fight of the century?'
    Fight of the century, it wasn't even fight of the year.
    Unless you were a purist it was boring.
    Mayweather probably the best defensive/counter puncher of all time but so frustrating to watch his fights. I won't bother paying for his next one.

I hope to see a Wilder v Klitschko fight this year though.

Could be the best fight of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis

Don't hold your breath, Klitschko and ''fight of the year'' in the same sentence doesn't fit somehow.
    Hope you are right for the heavyweight divisions sake.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie

Don't hold your breath, Klitschko and ''fight of the year'' in the same sentence doesn't fit somehow.
    Hope you are right for the heavyweight divisions sake.[/quote]

You have a point there about his fights, but that doesn't detract from the point that he's a very good boxer and worthy champion.

I think this will be an awesome contest if Wilder doesn't go defensive and fights the same way as he did with Stiverne. Of course he can't do everything the same, Klitschko is too experienced for that and would pick him off. But if he's brave, we could have a real fight on our hands.

Could be like an Ali v Liston. Young brash kid unafraid vs a formidable but defensive champion. (I know Liston didn't perform, but the build up could be the same).

But 1 disadvantage for Wilder which Jennings pointed ou