+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd leg: Starting 11

re: 2nd leg: Starting 11

lol yes guilty of leaving Holt out and putting in only 10 players! My excuse is I was doing it in a 5 minute rush as I just wanted to get a thread started. I'll start again!

If a 3-5-2
    Clark
    Durnan, Dowie, Higgins
    McKenna defensive mid
    Ian Russell on right
    Kevin Holt on left
    Kidd & Carmichael centre mids
    Lyle, Reilly

"Full beam Wullie," I completely agree with your assertion that McShane needs to work on winning the ball back if he loses it. He also needs to up his work rate when he has the ball, or else Rangers will steal it from him (as they did on Saturday many times)

He is probably the most talented player in our squad, but he lacks the tenacity of McKenna and the work-rate of wee Danny and Holty.

Those brilliant one / two touch sessions that Queens work on in training is what McShane needs to concentrate on this week, which should have him firing on all cylinders by Sunday and releasing our wide players at Ibrox.

It is frustrating to watch such a brilliant player misfire, and I can fully understand why Fruitloop and others are calling for his head. It may even be appropriate to have him warming the bench in place of Millar for the first hour and then bring him on if we are needing a goal.

Regardless, young Ian should analyse where he went wrong by watching the recording, and up his tr

I am desperate, as you all are, for Queens to show the rest of the country what a good team we can be . The next goal in this tie is so, so important . They score and its curtains for us but if we manage to , then its game on and doubts could start to fill their heads . Our best chance is to try to take the sting out of the game early on and get our passers moving the ball side to side, just keeping possession when we can. So important because rangers, roared on with a full house, will try to bury us early on. We just need to survive the first twenty mins or so onslaught . The longer the game goes on and its deadlock , our belief will grow and just remember we only need one goal . It would be a shame that after all our hard work in getting into the play off spot that we went out with a whimper . Needless to say , but when we get the rare chance it just HAS to be buried and we have men that can do this .This game is still alive but I can appreciate the scale of the task ahead.

Absolutely no reason why we can't score as we've scored against them in all 5 games so far this season . As you quite rightly so though , the first goal is so important .

Can't remember what paper it was but one of them on Sunday said that after he came on Miller was the best passer of the ball on the park v the currant buns.

Irrespective of the starting line up, I hope all our squad are practising penalties just in case! If it does go to extra time and penalties I wouldn't start with Derek Lyle as I doubt he could be left on the park for 2 hours (counting extra time!)

Our 20 goal hero will start on Sunday that's for sure . I'd also be tempted to start Millar in place of perhaps McKenna or Lovejoy

VM
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn
    Our 20 goal hero will start on Sunday that's for sure . I'd also be tempted to start Millar in place of perhaps McKenna or Lovejoy
    Millar is a strange one isn't he ? Looks like he has been getting a game for the ' Dog and Duck' with his physical shape but what a talent . Premier League ability but I don't think we will ever see the best of him . He is here for a reason and no excuse for a full time footballer to be carrying that excess baggage . After saying that , you would be surprised that I agree with you re Sunday . His ball retaining and passing skills could well be what we need and players like him usually rise to the bigger occasion. A workmate who was in the Rangers end told me about some of the showboat passing that Millar displayed when introduced at the weekend . Skilled , but will he ever have the desire to knuckle down and show it more often ?

McShane seems to be the "marmite" player in the squad, either loved or loathed. Sorry but I'm in the latter camp. His first three or four passes on Saturday gave away possession, he does not pick up running players when the opposition have the ball, rarely puts in a tackle and his corners and free-kicks are more miss than hit. He does have a great work-rate and is fit, unlike Millar, and that probably covers for some of his shortcomings. Looking at the preferred line-ups in some of the earlier posts Mcshane doesn't feature in many which is perhaps an indication of others opinion of the player. I have often wondered if the Management had persevered with Kevin USA and given him the game time afforded to McShane if he might have proved to be the better player.

mcshane is one of those players that 1 in every 4 games he pulls of a great game in between those great games the games seem to pass him by as for miller i think we have a great player there but he needs a good pre season banged into him ,but for this one of game at ibrox miller would be my choice along side mckenna in the centre of the mid ,mcshane on the bench to come on when miller starts pecking lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)