+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2nd leg: Starting 11

re: 2nd leg: Starting 11

A good shout Francis. The only worry being we have 2 very volatile players performing in front of 50 000 baying Rangers fans. That's a very toxic mix which will not be lost on McCall.

Whoever turns out for Queens on Sunday will need to have their wits about them and we cannot afford to have anyone who might decide to turn on the petulant tap.

I know I am at risk of infuriating some people, but Higgins, Millar, McKenna and Beanie will need to not only play at their best, but avoid antagonising the referee by lunging, diving and arguing with any of the officials.

Regardless of what starting 11 or what formation we play,hopefully we give an all out attacking performance.If we are to be knocked out,at least try to go out with a bang rather than a whimper.High tempo attack was the of the game the two wins earlier at Palmerston.
    More of the same on Sunday and we could do it!
    'MON THE SOUTH!

Good point Jardi. Referees have an inclination towards rangers at the best of times. With a game of such importance ,we will have to be on our best behaviour and not give the ref any ammo to punish us with .

For me I would revert back to the more traditional 4-4-2 set-up as I personally think this is the way we can get in behind the Rangers defence.
    Clark
    Dowie-Durnan-Higgins-Holt
    Carmichael-McKenna-McShane-Russell
    Lyle-Reilly

Durnan is much better suited playing at centre-back, whilst Dowie is a much better passer of the ball, and has linked well with either Kidd or Carmichael on the right. Unfortunately my line-up would not include Kidd, as I feel that Carmichael has just found some good form (last 6 games)at the right time.
    Too much negativity regarding McShane at present,and for someone to suggest that he should be 'sweeping roads' is a quite ridiculous statement. As a youngster still learning his trade, it is a certainty that he will have many poor/indifferent performances, but it is abundantly clear that he has a lot of talent, and will continue to improve each season - as he has done since becoming a regular first team player at Queens.
    As for his roles at set-plays, many of Queens

[quote="JRSLEFTPEG"]I am desperate, as you all are, for Queens to show the rest of the country what a good team we can be . The next goal in this tie is so, so important . They score and its curtains for us but if we manage to , then its game on and doubts could start to fill their heads . Our best chance is to try to take the sting out of the game early on and get our passers moving the ball side to side, just keeping possession when we can. So important because rangers, roared on with a full house, will try to bury us early on. We just need to survive the first twenty mins or so onslaught . The longer the game goes on and its deadlock , our belief will grow and just remember we only need one goal . It would be a shame that after all our hard work in getting into the play off spot that we went out with a whimper . Needless to say , but when we get the rare chance it just HAS to be buried and we have men that can do this .This game is still alive but I ca

Dirtbag- nothing wrong with showcasing our skills on live TV . I would be proud if folk outwith the region talked highly of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Dirtbag- nothing wrong with showcasing our skills on live TV . I would be proud if folk outwith the region talked highly of us.
    Yes, but we have been fairly high profile all season, and have been shown regularly on Sportscene, and across the UK on BT Sport, Queens, and their potential is known about far and wide I would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstandman59
    Yes, but we have been fairly high profile all season, and have been shown regularly on Sportscene, and across the UK on BT Sport, Queens, and their potential is known about far and wide I would suggest.[/quote] Having said that, I would be quite happy to have the ugliest 1-0 aet and 13-12 on pens you have ever seen. This would be one of the best results in our entire history if we pulled off a win at Ibrox but I realise we are up against it . One thing for sure is that I know this magic little team of ours- on their day- can match anyone and maybe , just maybe, Sunday can be one of those days.

if a 4-4-2

CLARK
    KIDD, DOWIE, HIGGINS, HOLT
    MCKENNA
    CARMICHAEL, MILLAR, RUSSELL
    LYLE, REILLY

Left McShane, Durnan and Paton out because felt their form hasnt been at its best. They still could prove important players for us on Sunday though.

I would take a chance and go 3-5-2 but with Danny on right mid and play 3 central midfielders:-

Clark

Durnan Dowie Higgins

Carmichael Millar McKenna McShane Holt

lyle Reilly

Agree 100% with Mainstandman and I have been saying the same for a while - Ian McShane is an outstanding prospect and if he is not appreciated here there will be no shortage of clubs desperate to take him.

Last game at Ibrox he was MOM by the length of the Copeland Road - definite starter for me and I will very surprised if the Manager does not start him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)