+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Message from Paul "Shagger" McManus to Red Lichtie fans

re: Message from Paul "Shagger" McManus to Red Lichtie fans

Probably the best posting on this subject is that by Wattercupwinner which I think he gets just about right.
    Must have gone to the same school as me. In***********?

Sorry to see Paul go. A great player and character.

The club surely has a policy on health insurance and what it can or can't pay for. The rest of us go through the nhs even if we have picked up injuries in our line of work. I'd love the RN to pay for a private op on my knackered knee, but it won't happen.

Its not the fact that we have lost shagger its the manner as to which it has been done that disgusts me. Also disappointed that DC has gone is he still injured thought he was a decent keeper??. Anyway let's move on and see who comes in for next season. As been said need centre defence sorted, midfield bolstered and whole new attack not asking for much are we!!!.

Agree with the above poster it was the MANNER of the way the Manager/Club ditched Shagger absolute shocking imo and what message does this send out to some potential targets we want to sign??

Shagger has been a great signing for us, scored a lot of important goals, yes had a goal drought like any striker but his workrate was always 110% and he more than anyone made Simon Murray the player he is and in turn made money for the club.

Totally disagree people who say the club had no choice as Shagger was injured and will be out for 6 months, REMEMBER HE GOT INJURED PLAYING FOR US!!
    Surely AFC has insurance for injured players?
    Help him in his recovery using our 2 Doctors and our Physio, retain his registration on a NO PAY unless you play contract then if/when he returns to match fitness give him a proper contract.
    Get him involved to help train our strikers, in other words DO THE RIGHT THING.
    I am amazed that you read Tod Lumsden state in the papers "I sat in the Hampden dressing rooms af

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)