+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Play-Off Final

re: Play-Off Final

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE
    I just heard we got more seat because the FL thought we were the bigger club
    Question is will either of us sell out and ask for more tickets. I think we will sell the 30k but it's first division play-offs not Championship so not sure whether we will require anymore. How do you think you will do in selling your allocation Gaz?[/quote]

Hard to say for me really. There was so much apathy leading upto the play-offs so not sure if the momentum will continue but others think we will sell them easily and expect 38000 of us

Ok this is the big one, the match that everybody wants to be part of and nobody wants to lose (although to be fair, I bet some fans dont want to get there because they would rather go up in the top two!!).

Just a word of warning, look at Leyton Orient this time last year, they lost on pens to Rotherham in the Lg One final and have been relegated this season. Losing in the play offs can be a bigger disaster than what you realise at first.

Like I say, Im a neutral here so best of luck to BOTH teams.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE
    I just heard we got more seat because the FL thought we were the bigger club
    Question is will either of us sell out and ask for more tickets. I think we will sell the 30k but it's first division play-offs not Championship so not sure whether we will require anymore. How do you think you will do in selling your allocation Gaz?[/quote]

Swindon have been to Wembley 5 times gards, this will be our 6th Wembley appearance and each time we have taken well over 30,000 so we shall definitely sell out our allocation of 30,450, i wouldnt be surprised if we ask for more tickets? Swindon is only just over 80 miles from Wembley so easy to get to for us.

How come we got 40,000 tickets last season?

My guess is that they dont anticipate a complete sell out so they are not opening up some of the very top tiers but last year Derby v QPR was anticipated to be a sell out?

Considering our position for a good part of the season, the gates were quite poor really

So for me I am struggling to believe we will sell much more than our allocation

Having said that the fans at the 2nd leg were really up for it so what do I know

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959
    Considering our position for a good part of the season, the gates were quite poor really

So for me I am struggling to believe we will sell much more than our allocation

Having said that the fans at the 2nd leg were really up for it so what do I know
    Oh, I know who you mean, those two blokes I met at the Walsall game. When I looked across to the Swindon section at Port Vale I saw them again along with a couple of other chaps who made up the rest of your supporters!

"Oh, I know who you mean, those two blokes I met at the Walsall game. When I looked across to the Swindon section at Port Vale I saw them again along with a couple of other chaps who made up the rest of your supporters"!

Those other chaps were me and you mate Darran Hughes!

Have a great day Gaz/Laz enjoy

Same from me.. Go for it lads. Wishing you all the best. Just wait for a season and hopefully we will be joining you in the Champinship Cheers Fl

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast