+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh king keep or let go?

re: Josh king keep or let go?

Looks a certainty now ... - view external link

Poor bit of business for us as he is out of contract.
    Eddie Howe spoke quite sharply about Kings great Cup performances for us,so has probably been on their radar since then...very slow off the mark for Rovers not to try to get him tied down earlier on,so at least we would get a fee...if we carry on with this bad business sense,we WILL go out of business.

Hi Bob how's things?
    We will get a fee although a small one via a tribunal due to kings age also I would imagine he is on at least 20000-30000 grand a week so it's a saving we need to make
    Where it will go wrong is if/when we lose gestede or Rhodes or maybe both
    King was a back up for that best get those excellent scouts looking for a decent striker on a free/loan as gestede will be the next through the exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcrompton1896
    Poor bit of business for us as he is out of contract.
    Eddie Howe spoke quite sharply about Kings great Cup performances for us,so has probably been on their radar since then...very slow off the mark for Rovers not to try to get him tied down earlier on,so at least we would get a fee...if we carry on with this bad business sense,we WILL go out of business.
    On one hand I could agree with you,
    But the guy IMO was never going to continue with us, due to his lack of playing time. This caused by several factors;
    Better than JR and or RG ? Fully fit ? When given chance showed enough form and contribution to make him a regular ( this apart from his last few games) ? An embargo in place making us look at our wage bill.
    Many of us, up until the cup game wouldn't have raised much concern at this as yes he has pace but his end product has been pretty woeful. In that match against Stoke he was 'gift wrapped' the opportunities on pla

Have we let go another Josh King I didn't know about. This one everyone is now talking up? Other than 2 games in the FA Cup. 2 home games I hasten to add! What else has he done in the past few seasons? Won any games? I recall he played well in a 5-1 home game vrs Bolton at the start of the season before last. That's one league game. Struggling for any others? Has done absolutely nothing to earn a new deal with us, nothing whatsoever. Other than 2 FA cup home ties. And a league game over 2 years ago. I do wish folk could back up this ideas on here.
    Injury prone, talks himself up way too much, not nearly as good or consistent as he thinks he is, on quite a lot of money, which for a club with financial woes, we simply can't afford to carry anyone. I can't think of a footballer inside the club (before Robbo was also not offered a new contract) that we carry more.

And if Bournemouth sign the likes of him, they will do exactly what Burnley did. Sign the exact wrong types of players to kee

Spot on Champs.

Another Ruben Rochina in my eyes who flatters to deceive.I was all for giving King another chance only due to this embargo carry on but now hes gone i dont see it as a great loss.

Another winger for Eddie Howe to add to his list.Really cant see King getting that much game time because of ability/injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    Spot on Champs.

Another Ruben Rochina in my eyes who flatters to deceive.I was all for giving King another chance only due to this embargo carry on but now hes gone i dont see it as a great loss.

Another winger for Eddie Howe to add to his list.Really cant see King getting that much game time because of ability/injuries.
    Exactly. Rochina, Hoilett, the list could go on. Time after time we waited to see what he could do, he got his chance, and did nothing. He didn't deserve a new contract as he simply didn't earn it. Like Hoilett I expect he will not go onto do very much.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Spot on Champs.

Exactly. Rochina, Hoilett, the list could go on. Time after time we waited to see what he could do, he got his chance, and did nothing. He didn't deserve a new contract as he simply didn't earn it. Like Hoilett I expect he will not go onto do very much.[/quote]

I'm hoping you and Howie are right, Champs, but I have a slightly uneasy feeling about this one.
    Like you, my general impression has been that King follows in the line of Hoilett and Franz Carr (very fast, able to beat a man, but clueless as to what to do next). However, awful as Stoke's defending was, I have t

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    Spot on Champs.

Exactly. Rochina, Hoilett, the list could go on. Time after time we waited to see what he could do, he got his chance, and did nothing. He didn't deserve a new contract as he simply didn't earn it. Like Hoilett I expect he will not go onto do very much.[/quote]

I'm hoping you and Howie are right, Champs, but I have a slightly uneasy feeling about this one.
    Like you, my general impression has been that King follows in the line of Hoilett and Franz Carr (very fast, able to beat a man, but clueless as to what to do next)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)