+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Record Crowd

Record Crowd

I believe our previous record league crowd was 37000, so the 48035 at aye brokes on Sunday will be the record league crowd that we have played in front of.
    Will we ever surpass that figure?

Also, as it was the rangers biggest crowd of the season, it will also probably be a record crowd for the second tier of Scottish football. Of course, it could be surpassed tonight when they play Hibs, but hopefully not.

It could also, of course, be surpassed next season when, hopefully, they will still be in the Championship!!

Fingers crossed for the Hibs tonight!!

Will probably go to the second leg.

re: Record Crowd

im sure the hampden cup final in 2008 was a bigger crowd and im sure we also had a bigger crowd at ibroke in the 50s .

The talk of the biggest crowd is of course interesting but what about our lowest , competitive league crowd at Palmerston. I can remember the 82-3 season when interest in Queens was really low and standing in a 300 crowd . I will have to look at the record books to be more specific.

I have had a little look at the history books and the game of which I remember was a 6-0 win over Montrose at Palmerston on 30 April 1983. The attendance is given as 300. Mind boggling when you think of it .

Interesting point at the end of that season 82-3 was that Rowan Alexander scored 24 goals for us and was transferred to St. Mirren for £25,000 in the close season.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    The talk of the biggest crowd is of course interesting but what about our lowest , competitive league crowd at Palmerston. I can remember the 82-3 season when interest in Queens was really low and standing in a 300 crowd . I will have to look at the record books to be more specific.

In 1982/83 we averaged 689 fans but our lowest ever average was 10 years later in 1992/93 with 586

Incidentally , this years crowd average of 2796 ( 18 league games ) was our highest for 50 years ...

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad

In 1982/83 we averaged 689 fans but our lowest ever average was 10 years later in 1992/93 with 586

Incidentally , this years crowd average of 2796 ( 18 league games ) was our highest for 50 years ...[/quote] Queens are in a lot better position these days to then in many ways . Admittantly , our crowds should be far better but nowadays the club is in many ways the focal point of the town. Think of how many kids play for either our different age groups or play organised and non organised football at Palmerston and in the Arena . The new King George facility will go a long way to winning the hearts and m

FAO - DUGALD The thread is about league crowds mate but seeing you ask the 2008 cup final attendance was 48,821 and the 1950 semi - final attracted 52,924 and the replay 58,975 (the record crowd for a Queens game). No league games involving Queens have ever come near these attendancea.

Thanks Palmyman, well spotted. Of course the cup final was bigger, we all know that.

Looks like the aye brokes crowd will be smaller tonight, despite Gary McAllister saying it is a sell out, then we see hundreds of empty seats. Pity about the score so far. Hopefully Hibs get back in it again.

Quote Originally Posted by AnothrEdinDoonhamer
    Thanks Palmyman, well spotted. Of course the cup final was bigger, we all know that.

Looks like the aye brokes crowd will be smaller tonight, despite Gary McAllister saying it is a sell out, then we see hundreds of empty seats. Pity about the score so far. Hopefully Hibs get back in it again.
    Just over 41,000 at Ibrox last night which just proves they were only there only Sunday to see the Queens

Just read on the P&B site that 937 QOS fans made the trip at the weekend

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)