+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T -Why do celebs get more compo at court...

O/T -Why do celebs get more compo at court...

than normal members of the public.
    Saw today the ridiculous sums of money given to a number of celebs who had their phones hacked, including Gazza. All six figure sums. Not life changing stuff but caused a bit of stress and upset.
    Compare that to what soldiers are offered who are blown to bits during service for country and the parents of the 2 kids killed on their holidays (I think they got £35,000).

re: O/T -Why do celebs get more compo at court...

Quote Originally Posted by BellBoy
    Saw today the ridiculous sums of money given to a number of celebs who had their phones hacked, including Gazza. All six figure sums. Not life changing stuff but caused a bit of stress and upset.
    Compare that to what soldiers are offered who are blown to bits during service for country and the parents of the 2 kids killed on their holidays (I think they got £35,000).
    Quite simply they are hyped up profile characters that are no better then any other human being be they be a footballer or actress...I blame the judge who

awards such stupid amounts for these kind of instances as they have either no concept or refuse to accept the common man or woman in the same category as supposed celebrities...

Having said that would the press have hacked kempo's boring lifestyle would the judge award the same amounts?

Dont think so.

In this case if they offered the victims a much smaller amount, then the papers would carry on with the practice.

Soldiers have always being conned, the rallying call gets answered, and when they get back they get a slap on the back, do a couple of victory marches, then they are forgotten about.

Only to be brought back for anniversaries so the ruling upper class can wallow in the soldiers sacrifice.

If they had to give every injured soldier a liveable "wage". Then the upper classes would call fall foul as they don't want pay extra taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin
    Quite simply they are hyped up profile characters that are no better then any other human being be they be a footballer or actress...I blame the judge who

awards such stupid amounts for these kind of instances as they have either no concept or refuse to accept the common man or woman in the same category as supposed celebrities...

Having said that would the press have hacked kempo's boring lifestyle would the judge award the same amounts?

Dont think so.[/quote]

Why do you have to mentio