+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I've not...

I've not...

I've not rambled for a while...so here goes, I'm putting it on this page just in case they're not updating the o/t board, hopefully it'll get read...and enjoyed...?...question mark not really needed...either enjoy, or ignore.

When I lived in Bedford, I would have my sons most weekends, I was divorced and my ex worked in a hospital, so my weekends just couldn't have been better, most of the weekends were spent playing sport in the park.

I was always skint back then, was in full time employment but things were a struggle.

Some time on Sunday evening I would walk the lads back home, perhaps 1+ mile, we'd chat and talk about football usually, often, to pass the time we'd find a nice pebble to kick along the pavement and see how long we could keep it going without it going onto the road, goodness forbid it pinging off a car!
    if it did perchance go into the gutter edge we' try to flick it back onto the pavement, better still was if there was some sort of bottle cap, like the ones you get

re: I've not...

Great story Ray.

The seemingly little things in life (like kicking a pebble down the road) are the one's that always seem to stick in your memory more than anything.

And yeah, even dog poo...Although you never see any white dog sh!te now eh..

Will never forget such things as "Tarzie" swings down the cut (canal) and going bommy collecting..and making "Bobby" arrows out of sticks of cane and playing cards for flights, than a shoes lace to wrap round it and sling it as far as we could get it...Boy did those things travel...God knows how we didn't kill anyone cos we'd sharpen the bottom to a fine point so they'd stick in grass..

Playing footy on the school field til 10 O'Clock at night in the summer..Plus hundreds of other stuff...

You don't see kids doing owt like that now days...Too busy on their PS 4's and top of the range I Phones...

Memories eh Ray...Some bad un's along the way but plenty of good un's as well.

Take care mate.

Have agree, I used love skimming pebbles when I was younger, The satisfaction of getting it to bounce 6 - 7 times is awesome.

Parents once took all the family for a day out in Clifton Park when i was about ten.

Whilst walking back to my family after going to the loo, a large group of people were playing cricket, one of them hit the ball really high in my direction and without stopping I caught the ball and casually threw it back to them.

All the cricketers started cheering and one lady ran up to me and swung me around. I can't ever remember being so proud of myself as I walked back to my family.

Magic post Ray,
    Tickling Trout,Jumping in Rivers,Fiddling with Girls in the Long Grass, Showing your Knob to Girls, ****ing over the Outside Loo at Primary School, Listening to Wednesday on tranny Rad while delivering The Spar ( owls 4 Manure 4 ),
    Marbles !
    Jeeeez...there's Dog **** in bags hanging everywhere in our STIX...#MORONS...

Scimmmin Stones...20 across Ladybower..

Braggy, I've not told you lately...I you...

It's good to be GAY ( Happy)

One of your best Ray owd lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_Potts
    Magic post Ray,
    Tickling Trout,Jumping in Rivers,Fiddling with Girls in the Long Grass, Showing your Knob to Girls, ****ing over the Outside Loo at Primary School, Listening to Wednesday on tranny Rad while delivering The Spar ( owls 4 Manure 4 ),
    Marbles !

Love you too Ginger...WAWAW.

Quote Originally Posted by braggyowl
    Magic post Ray,
    Marbles !

Love you too Ginger...WAWAW.[/quote]

Can I get an Amen up in here..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)