+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Niall McGinn

re: Niall McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by adeen
    I'd happily take 2 million for McGinn and invest it all in a really good game changing player from abroad.

Van Dijk only cost Celtic 2.6 million.

Hearts seem to be plucking players from nowhere for fuc k all.
    I hardly think we can attract a 2 million pound player from abroad and expect him to train in a park.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903
    Possibly I am in the minority herr but I would be gutted to see him leave, regardless of the fee! Aside from Jonny he is the one player that can produce that piece of magic to win a game we are struggling in!

Don't do anything daft Niall
    I agree but if he moves to a decent team with ambitions then fair enough, we canna say anything. The two afforementioned clubs are rank and id be highly dissapointed if he ended somewhere like that[/quote]

Yeah agree with this, although I would prefer him stay with us

Seems like the weegie press stirring things. Probably a load of bull**** to try and unsettle us.
    Leeds are a big club in still but Bolton with the ginger turd, you must be joking!

I hope there's no truth in this.

I'm unconvinced by the argument we could do better with the money. In the first place, Aberdeen may be a club who can sell a player for 7 figures, but we're not going to spend that on a transfer fee.

In the second, an alarmingly large percentage of guys who are good at one club are poor at the next. Goodwillie was a £2M player. We know McGinn a good player at our club, in our team, with our manager. If we get a million for him and replaced him with a million pound player we're letting go a million pound player who fits in here in exchange for a pig in a poke.

Also there's no point in comparing what we could sign for £2M and what Celtic can sign for £2M. Celtic pay 6 times higher wages, play in the Champions League, can guarantee medals and most important have an established record of developing players who go on to the really lucrative leagues.

Can we nae just try and convince Leeds and Bolton that Pawlett is just as good?

Part of the nature of being a successful team is that the bigger clubs (in terms of finances) will be interested in players like McGinn.

Also, if you were the Leeds or Bolton manager and you wanted to sign a winger from Aberdeen, would McGinn really be top of that list?

Maybe reading too much into it but an interesting quote from DM in todays Deaving Depress.

"The (fans) should take confidence from the knowledge that the majority of the good players we already have will still be here"

Does this suggest that one or two of good players may be on their way out ?

he also states that we can look forward to seeing other good players arrive in the next few weeks.

All in all , an interesting summer ahead.

I agree - think there is going to be some serious activity in and out of Aberdeen this summer. When you consider Lennon will be recruiting, Alex Neil will be recruiting and Steve Evans will be recruiting. All have form with Scottish Players and the league up here.

McGinn is the one I don't want to go however, as he is a fairly unique player - and would be expensive to replace. My fear is that McGinn will be seriously tempted to move down to the land of the big bucks, especially as his agent has proved to be a nuisance. Then there is the Lennon factor.

You would need to be talking serious cash - 2.5-3 million in my opinion. That would allow Derek to go sign some serious quality and set a marker down for our talent's value thereafter.

I trust Derek and AFC to play this one right.

Quote Originally Posted by FCSIONFIRSTGAME
    Does this suggest that one or two of good players may be on their way out ?
    I heard a rumour (nothing more) that Logan is wanting to go back down south to be near his family.

I think that may be a position we need to carefully consider in case he does go.

Would be a big loss to lose Niall. We should take it as a compliment that other clubs are looking at our players. Shows how well we have been doing. There is ofcourse the bigger wages factor but would you rather go to a club fighting off relegation, up to their eyes in debt. Or stay at a club which is on the up, debt free and competing in Europe. No brainer

No Brainer for you maybe! But most people who were offered to go from £3K a week to £8K a week will be saying thank you very much where do i sign.
    They have a short time to make money out of football and when at peak which Mcginn is he needs to make the cash. We will never get £2M+ for him though like some state. £1.5M would be maximum - although may have a sell on fee in contract so could be as little as £1M.

Quote Originally Posted by jsandls645
    Would be a big loss to lose Niall. We should take it as a compliment that other clubs are looking at our players. Shows how well we have been doing. There is ofcourse the bigger wages factor but would you rather go to a club fighting off relegation, up to their eyes in debt. Or stay at a club which is on the up, debt free and competing in Europe. No brainer

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast