+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Niall McGinn

re: Niall McGinn

one site has them pre-pairing a £500000 bid, I hope its a load of tosh see link.
    http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com

They don't have the money to buy him, plus there not playing Europa league what a shame.

Why would anyone want to leave when success is around corner.

Career move to oblivion down the road, staying with us next season Silverware is a reality.

I hope these rumors are not true, as Niall is a very important player.

If they are then lets hope we get the best deal possible.

Cannot see the player saying no to either of the clubs listed, the opportunity to earn the type of money available for Niall at this stage of his career would seem to good for him to turn down.

Cannot think we would get any more then 1 million though!

Quote Originally Posted by lowrie68
    one site has them pre-pairing a £500000 bid, I hope its a load of tosh see link.
    http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com
    What a load of sh1te. £500,000??

Niall, Adam and Jonny would be the hardest to replace and Niall's departure would have a huge impact on the team.

His assists and goals combined, his ability to play up front or on either wing, his composure on the ball and the fact that he's an integral part of a national squad makes me laugh at this figure. I'm sure Deek would think the same way.

We'll soon be into transfer silly season and these reports just fuel the frenzy! If you compare Niall to Armstrong and add in extra for length of contract and proven consistency over a number of seasons, £2M would be a reasonable figure. And no I'm nae joking: just think what those goals and assists have earned the club.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachEndLeftSide

We'll soon be into transfer silly season and these reports just fuel the frenzy! If you compare Niall to Armstrong and add in extra for length of contract and proven consistency over a number of seasons, £2M would be a reasonable figure. And no I'm nae joking: just think what those goals and assists have earned the club.
    Armstrong did not go for £2M, did he?? Added to the fact Celtic paid extra because Armstrong is 23 and there was a least one EPL club in for him.

Niall going to a mid table championship club, with maybe one more interested, is not going to drive the price up to the same level as Armstrong's.

I don't think it would be all about the money available for niall if he was to move on. He has a couple if successful restaurants in Belfast so don't think he is short of a penny or two.

If the right offer came in from the right club then fair enough, but don't think he is in any rush to leave just yet.

I'd be gutted if he went, he's the one and only truly class player on our books

Quote Originally Posted by gabd
    I'd be gutted if he went, he's the one and only truly class player on our books
    Is he?

Yes, he is.

We have plenty of good players, but no one else with McGinn's technical class. We haven't had a player who looks so at ease on the ball since Jess.

There were Leeds rumours last summer as well and I'm pretty sure some folk were convinced a bid was imminent back then.

As others have pointed out, I doubt he would go to Bolton to play for Lennon again.

He's got plenty of time left on his contract so any club that wants to sign him needs to put forward a seven figure bid.

He is, by far, our most skillfull and technically gifted player.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast