+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Niall McGinn

re: Niall McGinn

His first touch , lay off for Cammy Smith to run through on goal on Sunday was the dug's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by So_cal_Dandie
    I hope these rumors are not true, as Niall is a very important player.

If they are then lets hope we get the best deal possible.

Cannot see the player saying no to either of the clubs listed, the opportunity to earn the type of money available for Niall at this stage of his career would seem to good for him to turn down.

Cannot think we would get any more then 1 million though!
    Don't understand this logic. He's got over 2 years of his deal to go and £1 million is peanuts to big English Championship clubs. A regular international and one of our key players. We should be looking to start the bidding at £2 million. The £500k being quoted is quite frankly laughable. Who we going to get to replace him with that sort of cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983
    He is, by far, our most skillfull and technically gifted player.
    This may be correct but he has a nack af dissapearing at times.

Nae denying hes a cracking player, but im just saying he wouldnt be the first on my teamsheet.

I'm with the majority. He's a cracking player and is worth a lot more to us than £500,000 to £1M. Unless it's a bid above £2M from someone like Norwich, then he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903

Nae denying hes a cracking player, but im just saying he wouldnt be the first on my teamsheet.[/quote]

I wouldn't accuse him of disappearing. He has spells of poor form but that's true of almost every player especially creative ones. But he's always a trier.

His main failing is he's not physically brave and will chicken out of 50/50s etc.

I can live with that because with his ability if he was a hard ******* as well he wouldn't be here. But we've always had a section of our support who can forgive a hard ******* for being useless but can't forgive a skilful player for not being hard. He'll always have his critics, especially if his form shades a bit.

He'd be an automatic pick in my side.

Niall, tell your agent to tell the english to get to feck, had my fingers burnt down there already!
    If McGinn is to leave us then he should try his luck Europe, Spain,France,Germany,Holland or Portugal and only if the money is right for the Dons, no less than £2m at least!
    Dont want him to leave tho, but if he goes back down south then thats a bad move football wise!
    £500,000 to £1m! Get to f**k!

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe

Nae denying hes a cracking player, but im just saying he wouldnt be the first on my teamsheet.[/quote]

I wouldn't accuse him of disappearing. He has spells of poor form but that's true of almost every player especially creative ones. But he's always a trier.

His main failing is he's not physically brave and will chicken out of 50/50s etc.

I can live with that because with his ability if he was a hard ******* as well he wouldn't be here. But we've always had a section of our support who can forgive a hard ******* for being useless but can't forgive a skilful player for not being hard. He'll always have his critics, especially if his form shades a bit.

He'd be an automatic pick in my side.[/

Even when he has a quiet game, he's the man most likely to.

I've been critical of him in the past but an on form McGinn is unplayable in this league.

It's only natural our players are now sought after, at least we have them tied down to decent deals. Suspect this is just paper talk just now, two clubs with tenuous connections to the player in a paper trying to shift units.

On the bench this evening for the Romania match.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903
    I'd be gutted if he went, he's the one and only truly class player on our books
    Is he? [/quote]

Pretty much, check his assists stats, just about top in the league if I mind right...

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast