+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Niall McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Someone says on it hes signed for Bolton. That's as ambitious as Oxford,maybe a wee bawhair more ambitious

Believe it when I see it. If he is going id bench him.
    Bench our best player who's be a fantastic servant of the years!

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by therealsouthstander View Post
    Bench our best player who's be a fantastic servant of the years!

Really?
    Same goes for Pawlett(nae that he gets much time). If they want to play for third tier guffball mobs then fine.But give someone who does want to play for us a game. Try out Scott Wright(obviously wants to play for us as hes just signed on) for example for a few games. You never know he might turn out to be a direct replacement meaning we could use McGinns wage on another signing like a CM. I reckon its worth a bash. We have won plenty of games without McGinn
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 30-03-2017 at 05:57 AM.

We have won plenty of games without McGinn
    And we have won plenty of games without Messi... stuff him innae

McGinn on his game is a great player. He will be hard to replace if he does leave.

Someone says on it hes signed for Bolton. That's as ambitious as Oxford,maybe a wee bawhair more ambitious

Believe it when I see it. If he is going id bench him.
    Na he is too good a player to bench.

Shinnie signed a pre contract with us and ict never benched him,and they ended up winning the SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    And we have won plenty of games without Messi... stuff him innae

McGinn on his game is a great player. He will be hard to replace if he does leave.
    Not denying we will miss him. Just saying that if he doesn't want to be here then we should be looking to the future

Not denying we will miss him. Just saying that if he doesn't want to be here then we should be looking to the future
    We have got too much to play for this season to look to the future,Im pretty sure Jack and Taylor would have signed by now if they were going to.At the very least they are getting their agents to see if anyone is interested so should we bench them as well.

Aberdeen will always lose their best players eventually, we just need to be patient and see what we can come up with in terms of a replacement. Sam Nicholson at Hearts has pace to burn, were we not linked with him previously?

I also believe that he's out of contract in the summer.

I'm also not convinced that McGinn will be the only departure so it could be an interesting transfer window coming up.

2nd place and a scottish cup are too important to take the huff with a player who wants to try something new. He's had a good career here and good luck to him with whoever he joins. His position with the Northern Ireland team is obviously very important to him and he will realise the risk in moving. However he's right to get a bigger contract while his stock is as high as it will get.

It will be McGinns loss overall if he does go to some english diddy club, not the end of the world and he can be replaced. I would chuck him on the bench or the reserves for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    It will be McGinns loss overall if he does go to some english diddy club, not the end of the world and he can be replaced. I would chuck him on the bench or the reserves for the rest of the season.
    Nah, I wouldn't, that's just cutting off your nose to spite your face. He's still a quality player and we will need him as we bid to fend off Sevco, and in our bid the finish the season with a Scottish Cup trophy

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast