+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prediction Thread

re: Prediction Thread

It really cannot be overstated just how important the first goal on Sunday will be. It has the potential to determine the outcome of this tie, almost a case of "next goal the winner", although it was crucial that we didn't concede a 2nd last night and go into Sunday with a two goal cushion because that just keeps the bar at just that bit higher for them. However, as we've seen all too often, a 2-0 lead is a very dangerous one for us and we've surrendered several of them over the past couple of years.

Its quite simple, we score first on Sunday, we win. They score first...a very unpleasant and nervy afternoon beckons.

Bang on points above about the first goal, we score it and I think it will finish them off. Like us they have been poor this season and a lot of that is down to the mentality of the squads, on both sides there would appear no appetite for a fight in a lot of matches this season. They score first and...well we will see.
    Even the most optimistic fan would not have seen that cracking performance coming after some of our away games. So it gives us a tremendous boost and surge of confidence. We have seen them in battle and there is genuinely nothing to be afraid of.
    If we are discussing these things on here sure the manager and team will be too.
    They need to come at us, which will leave us opportunities to hit on the break, which we have done well at FP over the last few months.
    I would settle for a extremely dull 0.0. however think both teams will score...hopefully us first.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman
    I reckon that with Sevco missing McGregor we can look to take a minimum of 4 off them on Sunday.

What do others think?
    See, this is the danger for us ahead of Sunday, that we allow ourselves to get carried away and think it is job done. It is most certainly not and the first goal will be crucial. We get it, great I think we will see it out but they get it and our @rses will start twitching big time and I don't think it'll end well for us.

We were great tonight but we fell away badly in the last 30 minutes and that game could easily have finished 3-3 had they taken their chances and Long hadn't played a blinder. We need to start Sunday the way we played from our first goal tonight until the hour mark, play at a high tempo and go for it because if we sit back we will allow them onto us and we will concede.

It is only half time in the tie, just remember that.[/quote]

Hey Lawman...yer

Can only assume Pearson and Hammell both carrying groin injury but forced to play and neither last 90 mins

Rather Rangers dominate opening minutes as they did Ibrox, we must take game to them from KO
    They don’t have the players of old with majority being average. I’d attempt to kill them off opening 15 minutes,
    get the 1st goal and let them squirm throughout. Once we score they will open and hopefully go onto pump.

The longer the game goes on we must not change our mindset and start to drop further and further back as this is what happened IMO on Thursday and we put ourselves under severe pressure to keep our 2goal advantage.We have to adopt the old adage that the best form of defence is attack,hopefully though we will be a goal or two up in tomorrow's game. and the pressure is off.So for one last time this season "Come on the Well"

I wasn't too far off with my prediction. Anyone else think my brand of optimism might catch on?

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG
    I wasn't too far off with my prediction. Anyone else think my brand of optimism might catch on?
    No.

I like to think of myself as somewhere between the positive and negative extremes but should we ever be in this horrible position again, I fully expect us to screw it. Because we usually do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)