+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The final game - Rangers part 2

re: The final game - Rangers part 2

Lets hope for some more of this tomorrow...Well worth a watch...C'mon the 'Well - view external link

We cannot afford to give away stupid free kicks around our penalty area which this season has put us under extreme pressure to defend them,to avoid this we have to play further up the pitch and make our tackles count their,we can't. give the referee any excuse to book or send our players off needlessly.If keeper and back four get through first 20-25 mins without conceding a goal I'm of the view we will go through.Hopefully If we stay up we will not have to have another season like this one

this is the biggest game in decades we talk about 1991 etc . scottish cup finals are amazing especially for the town except for the last one against that other mob i felt the buzzz wasnt there the tavern wouldnt let me in that night late on i was well on but i had my well top on home town eh . going back to tomorrow weve been in the top flight for 30 years no way are we going back down there this is absolutely massive havnt slept in two days so bring it on mon the well xxxxxxxxx

Right folks ticket on mantlepiece. Well shirt on hangar and im heading to bed to try get some sleep, because tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    We cannot afford to give away stupid free kicks around our penalty area
    Thats all very well and fine in theory but if the ref wants to give a very soft decision he'll do it regardless.

Its now Sunday...

COYW

Kris Boyd is more likely to get a goal from a penalty than open play. He tried it on with straker last time out, so all the team need to be very smart when in the box.

Same tactics as last time will do. But we must score a goal, so they are forced to push and open up for three or more goals.

If we can score an early goal I think we will go on to score more. It's all about who strikes first as we all know, they get it we may panic, if we get it I think they're heads would drop like a stone. Go on well, get in they're and bang in an early one then stick it right to them. I didn't ever think I would find myself saying this, but we can do this...MON THE WELL...

That is when we, the fans, have a role to play. Any dives or even remotely dodgy tackles we have to bring the house down and scream and shout.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)