Get your very own personalised Stand Free Forum gifts!
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Ibrox eyes on mcinness

re: Ibrox eyes on mcinness

Quote Originally Posted by Girniedon
    Wonder if we'll ever find out if AFC or McInnes was ever actually approached by Sevco or as I imagine was it all a figment of the Weegia's imagination and desire?

Couldn't care less who they appoint now that the Gaffer and Doc are signed up for the long haul at Pittodrie.

a/the timing of the offer to Deek and the publication of his acceptance and Sevco's rumoured interest were not unconnected. That was pretty obvious I suppose -

No I don't agree. The contract extension would not have been constructed and agreed in such a short time. Wouldn't give Sevco such a degree of importance in instigating the contract extension - likely to have been on the stocks before all this media hype arose.
    "The Times" are as obsessed and possibly even more than "The Record" in their support for Sevco.

Deek's statement about having a close wor

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe
    Wonder if we'll ever find out if AFC or McInnes was ever actually approached by Sevco or as I imagine was it all a figment of the Weegia's imagination and desire?

Couldn't care less who they appoint now that the Gaffer and Doc are signed up for the long haul at Pittodrie.
    I doubt there was an official approach, but from reading The Times this morning it's clear that:

a/the timing of the offer to Deek and the publication of his acceptance and Sevco's rumoured interest were not unconnected. That was pretty obvious I suppose - a happy manager who isn't going anywhere doesn't usually interrupt his holiday to confirm he intends to sign a contract extension on his return.

b/Wiggy was mightily relieved the deal got done. However certain some of our support might have been that McInnes wouldn't touch Sevco with a barge pole, Wiggy clearly wasn't so sure.[/quote]

Is it not more

So, the Huns are to appoint a manager with not much more than a year's experience...brilliant - view external link

Aye but he comes with a free Davie Weir, so he'll soon learn "the Sevco way".

Del will always have the ton in his heart and he only played a handfull of games for rangers. Good decision in my opinion, best of luck to aberdeen next season

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-eh-ton
    Del will always have the ton in his heart and he only played a handfull of games for rangers. Good decision in my opinion, best of luck to aberdeen next season
    Can't be too many folk from Paisley with the ton in their hearts.

Thanks for your kind words. I hope Morton get pumped next year

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-eh-ton
    Cheers and good luck to Morton!

Who the fk is Mark Warburton... never heard of him in ma puff till the scum started talking about taking him as manager

Stand Free

Does he run a Bakers? Cant say i have ever heard of him. A no-mark running a no-mark 3 year old club called pretend-gers.

"Whoever comes in must appreciate the size of the task in terms of the history of the club and where they have to be," the former Watford youth coach said.

What really concerns me (not) about the breadmaker is - does he have the gravitas to manage all these world class players that Kinger will be signing up?

GIRFUY.

To be honest I didn't imagine for one minute that McInnes would be interested in the Sevco job, however reviewing the events of late last week has to create serious concern that moves were afoot for him to take over at Ibrox.

Thursday - Quinn mysteriously didn't show up at Pittodrie. Odds tumbled on McInnes for Sevco.

Friday - Strangely timed announcement that McInnes has committed to, but not signed a contract extension while on holiday.

Saturday - Quinn signs for AFC.

Conspiracy theorists may suggest that Quinn got word that Derek was looking at the Sevco job and got told to hang fire by his agent.

Friday, Milne hurriedly gets the cheque book out to give Derek and Tony a (probable) pay rise and two year extension...

Saturday Quinn signs up in the knowledge that he wasn't signing for a club where the manager would be out of the door two minutes later.

Upshot of all this is that there must be a lingering concern that not only does England hold an attraction for McInnes - Sevco

[quote="RDL1981"]To be honest I didn't imagine for one minute that McInnes would be interested in the Sevco job, however reviewing the events of late last week has to create serious concern that moves were afoot for him to take over at Ibrox.

Thursday - Quinn mysteriously didn't show up at Pittodrie. Odds tumbled on McInnes for Sevco.

Friday - Strangely timed announcement that McInnes has committed to, but not signed a contract extension while on holiday.

Saturday - Quinn signs for AFC.

Conspiracy theorists may suggest that Quinn got word that Derek was looking at the Sevco job and got told to hang fire by his agent.

Friday, Milne hurriedly gets the cheque book out to give Derek and Tony a (probable) pay rise and two year extension...

Saturday Quinn signs up in the knowledge that he wasn't signing for a club where the manager would be out of the door two minutes later.

Upshot of all this is that there must be a lingering concern that not only does En

Quote Originally Posted by RDL1981

Thoughts?
    Going with your theory I would suggest the more likely scenario was that Quinn or his agent wanted some reassurance based on hyperbolic press speculation linking McInnes with sevco.
    Once that rumor was officially quashed then there was no problem.

I can't see a contract offer being hurriedly made to satisfy the demands of Paul Quinn.
    No offense to the boy like.

Ibrox had / has more than eyes on just McInnes, it appears that Rangers also look up to the Pittodrie marketing.

In the Daily Fail today, there is a headline which states 'Warburton "inspired" as he takes up the hot seat at Rangers'

A part of me gets some enjoyment in that they look up to the REDS with envy.

I was talking to a good friend of Paul Hartley today.

According to him DM was offered the hun job and the new contract was given as a reward for his loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by SMsW

According to him DM was offered the hun job and the new contract was given as a reward for his loyalty.

Nae offence but what has Paul Hartley and his mate got to do with AFC and The Rangers ?

Quote Originally Posted by therealsouthstander

Nae offence but what has Paul Hartley and his mate got to do with AFC and The Rangers ?[/quote]

He's got f*ck all to do with us but I presume managers chat and PH definitely said that to him according to him.

can we please drop this thread?

a new season to look forward to and a 4th sevco manager to laugh at

I can well believe that. I've almost no doubt at all that they "offered" (officially or otherwise) him some deal. What that was and how it looked is anyone's guess.

Surely this would have meant that they would have needed Afc's permission to speak to him.

More than just SM would have known about it and therefore more likely it would have been leaked?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast