+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Posterity

Posterity

A forgettable season has just been rescued by two memorable performances. All the other 'Well fans I've spoken to are beside themselves with delight. I would buy a DVD of those two matches, and I wouldn't be surprised if at least some fans of other clubs wouldn't invest as well! Rangers had the backing of the media / establishment; we had goodwill in shedloads from ordinary fans. Two consecutive away and home wins against Rangers within the week - in whatever league they're in - is unlikely to be repeated. If the tie had gone the other way the DVD would be on sale already.
    Is someone going to do it?

re: Posterity

Whilst I appreciate the enormity of both of these games releasing a DVD to celebrate what was a rescue operation for a bad season would be a step too far. The Old Firm release DVDs for almost anything and I would like to think that we are much classier than that. Personally, I would keep all DVD releases for domestic Cup Final wins, however, DVDs may be obsolete by the time we win another one!

Your bang on the money. Christ, Celtic have brought out more dvd's than Steven Spielberg. I would definitely buy the dvd of us pumping the Rangers.

both games are on various peer to peer file sharing sites... not than im advocating illegal downloading LOL

Looking back now wouldn't swap all the heart aches and worry of the last 6 months for a tenth place finish in the league, the events of the last week have been absolutely feckin fantastic...still be talking about it years from now. I reckon it was a cunning plan by Mr. Barra to finish 11th all along just to shove it right up "The Gers" would explain the inept performances against Killie, Ross C, The Jags, The Accies, The Saints after the split. onward & upwards next season.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    both games are on various peer to peer file sharing sites... not than im advocating illegal downloading LOL
    Thanks for the heads up on this. You have made someone a happy chappy. . Not me of course, I would never download anything.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)