+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Owner We Have Ever Had?

re: The Worst Owner We Have Ever Had?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertyyoop
    Perhaps it would be better for all to wait and see the outcome of the latest negotiations before we crucify the current incumbents.
    In the meantime I am finding logging onto this site such a pain in the arse that I can no longer be bothered so it's goodnight to him, and farewell to you all.
    I think that Qwerty has far too many 'I love Nixon' car stickers than is good for him

The worst owner by a country mile - Jenkins.

He took us from the verge of the top flight in 1983/4 to the verge of oblivion in 1992.

Then he repeated the trick by taking us from the verge of tier two to our current position now.

The money he's "put in" is due to his own ineptitude, he's not some benevolent investor keeping the club alive, quite the opposite. There's also the money he's taken out of the club - the chunky payoff he took from Knighton and the cartel on catering (serving the most disgusting cheap animal bits) he held for decades.

And people still buy the bumbling old man act? He is a ruthless old leech, Nixon takes a lot of flack (and rightly so) but Jenkins is the head of the snake.

That said, I don't believe they're stupid enough to invent tell of the mystery investor. The Lapping scheme was such an awful idea for the club, I don't think they had confidence in him being able to deliver Blue Yonder successfully (and look what a mess he's created at Motherwell), if a

Directors who never had the wealth or capacity to provide the necessary cash injection to propell the Club to the next level.
    They stood in when no one else was interested and if nothing else kept the Club afloat.
    Their current actions suggest they are desperate to get out at any cost, why would anybody look at the Lapping Deal otherwise, so give them a break.
    They will all be gone shortly, and then we can listen to the vitriol directed at new owners who will asset strip the Cub, and we will end up with a tin pot stadium and a well known Carlisle Developer will be able to advertise new investments in the Brunton Park Luxury Estate.
    Give the Directors a break, took on an impossible job, did their best and certainly don,t deserve the agro being directed at them.

Lappin has buggered off then has he. His deal looked odd but at least he had some enthusiasm. He'll be forgotten if results are good and canonized if they are not

I've always stuck up for AJ in as much as I've always thought he's done what's best for the club. In fact I still do.

The thing is, what AJ thinks is best for the club and what actually is, are poles apart.

At least he's actually made a significant contribution to the club over the years. What's JN done?

Nothing. The bloke's a parasite, clinging onto his host until he's sucked the last drops of blood from it.

Now it's all smokes and mirrors and the lie just keeps on getting bigger.

If this sh1t doesn't get sorted soon it'll be a question of whether we go bankrupt or get relegated first.

Come on Ozzie, where's your optimism.
    It's fairly obvious that the present Board are trying to get out, and in Jenkins case I will always believe that his position was something he never really wanted nor was capable of fulfilling successfully, but loyalty to the Club forced him to accept against probably his better judgement.
    The other directors, well no idea why they were persuaded to take on a job they were clearly not capable of performing financially, except to act as puppets for a previous owner. Sorry, did I say previous,?, well maybe that's debatable.
    But hay, optimism prevails. It looks as if we are going to start a season with Full Backs at Full Back positions, Centre Halves at Centre Half. In fact players fit,not prone to injury, and actually capable of seeing out the whole season without injury.
    A Manager who can manage and despite constant references to him as a bully, not one of the players leaving support that idea with their comments.
    True some are upset because the

You actually believe they want out now Qwerty? You really think they aren't determined to cling on until the Blue Yonder thing happens and they can rake some cash in?

It may well be that in the past both have done things thinking they were being done in the best interests of the club, I really don't think that is the case any more. They certainly aren't thinking about the fans, this whole debacle with, firstly Lapping, and now this mystery "billionaire" just proves that.

What billionaire would be taking a month to decide whether to invest in a ridiculously tinpot outfit like ours. Everything he needs to see is quite easily available to him, if he's bothered about the heating bills being a couple of quid too high, it would be down to him to sort, but it wouldn't be the difference between getting involved and not.

There is no billionaire, there is no investment coming, there will be a huge drop in attendances, we will be fighting relegation and all of this will be being talked abou

Moorlad , I would have agreed with every word you said, but why didn't they reject the other offer, when accepting the Lapping deal would have given them everything they supposedly would have wanted.
    If there is no billionaire investor then why waste every bodies time.
    Moorland, I have a soft spot for Cleator when many years ago I managed to get a Cleator lass to have a climax, I knew that when she dropper her fish and chips.
    But come on man, the Laping deal would have given them everything they wanted assuming that the purpose was to to redeveloped on a new site and use BP for Story proposed Housing.
    This scheme seemed to be prepared to sell United for around 1.25 mill, but haven't I read before that United us worth 4 to 5 mill, so to sell on these figures is surely a sign of desperation by the current Directors.
    No, the fact that the Board chose to delay finalisation of the Lapping deal, shows they were far from happy with this offer, whilst the fact that they even entertained th

The Lapping deal wasn't to buy the club for £1.25m.

They didn't have any liking for that deal, and made it very clear, they didn't want their influence to be diluted. That deal was only a share issue during which the Trust and Pattison's holdings would be diluted. They now plan to use large parts of that deal themselves (new Sales and Marketing director for a start). They'll also be quite happy if the Trust's holding, and therefore influence (such as it is) is made smaller.

They are wasting everybody's time, but their own. The longer they can string this out, the better from their point of view. If they keep this up they assume that Lapping's consortium will lose interest and fade away. The Lapping deal sidelined Pattison and introduced a consortium, which along with the Trust would have had an equal shareholding to the two of them. They could not countenance the idea that they might be challenged, so had to get rid of it.

The only reason they even looked at it was because of

Moorlad, as a contributor to this board whose opinion I have always respected,, I have to admit that following your logic I still can,t see what the board are playing at.
    Jenkins comments would suggest that he at least was not happy with the Pattinson situation, and by discarding the Lapping Deal, then where (assuming no Billionaire exists) Would he and his fellow Directors expect to make any killing.
    I have always assumed that the whole purpose of this ongoing debacle was to smooth a path for Blue Yonder, with a mini Stadium on the Viaduct and FS developing Brunton Park.
    But the introduction of an overseas Bilionaire ruins this idea as I simply cannot see any reason why the arrival of such a character if fictitious , would have any advantage to either the Club, the Directors, the Trust or the Fans.
    Obviously is such a character or organisation exists then Bingo, look out the Premier League.
    However your previous post would suggest that the whole exercise is simply a stalling manouvre

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)