+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worst Owner We Have Ever Had?

The Worst Owner We Have Ever Had?

Jenkins for me, showing his true colours and he
    has kept the club back for far too long now, also for being so inept to let hangers on have a say in our club.

The way Carlisle United is being 'whored' around at the moment is disgraceful.

A bloke who just did odd jobs and self promotion in the car park gets a position of Director Of Football?

At least Knighton voiced his distain at the club towards the end, Jenkins is the silent assassin.

re: The Worst Owner We Have Ever Had?

I know a lot of people think AJ is Mr Carlisle United..and I don`t argue that he has put his own money into the club..however I have always felt he was bad news for CUFC and have seen nor heard anything to change my mind...that doesn`t mean that the next owner will be any better though!

The trouble is they're stuck in the '70s, and that's why everything about the club is stuck there too. They might actually have done their best, for the club, at some point in the past, now all they're thinking about seems to be what they can get for themselves, and sod us poor fools.

I think that the real trouble is that up to now, no one else wants the job.

Agreed...and that`s why we are stuck with them...

We are stuck with them because they were prepared to take on the job, not one of those who stood up for the job had the necessary wealth or funds to assist United move forward rather more maintain the status Quo, so why should we dare to criticise them for failing to provide the required funds that we ourselves are not prepared or capable to provide.

I understand the Lapping deal had the required funds in place.

I believe there has been some interest in the past (not entirely certain about who, when and how much though) and the interested parties have been shown the door.

He is all about hanging on to power whatever it costs the club.

Perhaps it would be better for all to wait and see the outcome of the latest negotiations before we crucify the current incumbents.
    In the meantime I am finding logging onto this site such a pain in the arse that I can no longer be bothered so it's goodnight to him, and farewell to you all.

There are no negotiations, there is no mystery billionaire, and crucifixion is too good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertyyoop
    I think that the real trouble is that up to now, no one else wants the job.
    Lapping wanted it but they didn't want to give it to him.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)