+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Galichticos are dead, long live the Galichticos!

The Galichticos are dead, long live the Galichticos!

Hello again Lichties!

It's that time of the pre-season once again when I post begging for your money and support! This will be the 4th season now that I've tried to bring some supporters together to sponsor players for the upcoming season.

We had Lee Sibanda in 2012/2013, then Michael Travis and Colin Hamilton in 2013/2014 and then Michael Travis and Kevin Nicoll in 2014/2015. Your support has been fantastic, and appreciated by myself, the club and players.

However we do seem to have a curse as every player we have chosen has left! Therefore definitely going for a new!

I also have a sense of guilt that many people who have put money in always miss out in the few drinks we have towards the end when we meet the player at the end of the season, so maybe we have puts in a hat and allow the person picked to enjoy a day in hospitality.

Again I would be every so grateful for any support and would love again to collaborate in sponsoring a player or 2. It's £250 a player, so

re: The Galichticos are dead, long live the Galichticos!

Count me in again. Well done for organising this.

I will contribute £25 again s_b_c.

But I disagree with one member going to hospitality I think the problem has been that we have tried to arrange it to near the end of the season with only a couple weeks notice so folk have already made plans etc..
    Having the present set up gives all the folk that contribute a chance to meet up in the AFC Bar and meet the players which is a good thing.
    Could I suggest we make a date for this say the 2nd last home league game of the season, that way folk have plenty warning (and can make alternate plans if they are arranging other things) plus plenty time to organise the players to attend, you cannot please everybody but if we have a set date with plenty notice then nobody can complain.

Count me in for £25 and also thanks from me for organising.

Count me in again and thanks for organising this. Agree with AFC1320 and either choosing a day for everyone at hospitality or all meeting in 36-0 lounge is good for me.

Count me in for £25, well done S_B_C for organising again.

Count me in.

I'm in as well. Think the idea of 2nd last home game for a meet up with the players is a good one.

Count me in :-)

Me too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)