+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palace in for rhodes at 15m

Palace in for rhodes at 15m

If true, I'm glad. I would not miss the most divisive player that has played for rovers in my time as a fan. I'll definitely miss Rudy more.

re: Palace in for rhodes at 15m

If true £15M i suppose cannot really be turned down.

Personally cant see him going for that much,and more likely to be a Championship side although Rhodes did again let it be known that hes very happy at Rovers.

Always had the feeling Rhodes knows his limitations and is quite happy kicking around in the Championship.

To lose Rhodes AND Gestede for however much money could be a complete disaster next season.40 plus goals between them is a bloody big void to fill..

Que Sera Sera, Would hate to lose both of em but the reality is it could quite easily happen. The synical side of me says I doubt we will hear about any major transfer activity until they have got most of next season ticket money in the bank :-(

Quote Originally Posted by MillHillRover
    Que Sera Sera, Would hate to lose both of em but the reality is it could quite easily happen. The synical side of me says I doubt we will hear about any major transfer activity until they have got most of next season ticket money in the bank :-(
    And the other thing about this transfer-season, MHR, is that there are so many stories and rumours from the start, but most of the ACTION for Clubs like ours doesn't actually happen until the final day!
    Until then, much of the speculation just seems to be jockeying for position (or straightforward media mischief-making/fantasy).

This particular transfer won't happen for various reasons. Palace don't have £15m to spend just on one player. Certainly not one who has never played in the Prem. A club like Palace would not risk everything on one player who has no proven record in the league they play. They aren't a gambling club, therefore this will not happen. Rhodes finished the season okay, but sadly has started to move backwards. He needs to move on. For one, I wish him well. He has never ever let us down, and was very unlucky to be playing in the worst Rovers sides for 30 odd years. His stock hasn't gone up, If anything it's gone down. If they got half of this figure we would be very very lucky.
    Ings (who won't do anything of note at Anfield) is valued around £11m. No way would Rhodes command a higher amount. Although Ings is no better. Given the chance, I'd expect Rhodes to score goals in the Prem. But like Ings, I'd expect he will get found out very quickly aswell. Good Champ level striker. Not good enough f

[quote="champs95"]This particular transfer won't happen for various reasons. Palace don't have £15m to spend just on one player. Certainly not one who has never played in the Prem. A club like Palace would not risk everything on one player who has no proven record in the league they play. They aren't a gambling club, therefore this will not happen. Rhodes finished the season okay, but sadly has started to move backwards. He needs to move on. For one, I wish him well. He has never ever let us down, and was very unlucky to be playing in the worst Rovers sides for 30 odd years. His stock hasn't gone up, If anything it's gone down. If they got half of this figure we would be very very lucky.
    Ings (who won't do anything of note at Anfield) is valued around £11m. No way would Rhodes command a higher amount. Although Ings is no better. Given the chance, I'd expect Rhodes to score goals in the Prem. But like Ings, I'd expect he will get found out very quickly aswel

Put like that Aucks,it doesnt seem all that bad.

Its possible having a football club without unlimited expense appeals to Venkys more than splashing the cash in the Premier League where huge player purchases are no guarantee of Premiership survival(aka QPR). No problem for zero-pence spending Burnley

The sheer staggering size of the sums involved may make even billionaires think twice. This may be a rich-mans plaything with Arab & Russian oil money but not fantastic vale for money - and no certainty of a return on an investment.

Championship football is a punt on getting greater riches without mind-boggling expense.

[quote="AucklandRover"]This particular transfer won't happen for various reasons. Palace don't have £15m to spend just on one player. Certainly not one who has never played in the Prem. A club like Palace would not risk everything on one player who has no proven record in the league they play. They aren't a gambling club, therefore this will not happen. Rhodes finished the season okay, but sadly has started to move backwards. He needs to move on. For one, I wish him well. He has never ever let us down, and was very unlucky to be playing in the worst Rovers sides for 30 odd years. His stock hasn't gone up, If anything it's gone down. If they got half of this figure we would be very very lucky.
    Ings (who won't do anything of note at Anfield) is valued around £11m. No way would Rhodes command a higher amount. Although Ings is no better. Given the chance, I'd expect Rhodes to score goals in the Prem. But like Ings,

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcrompton1896

Its possible having a football club without unlimited expense appeals to Venkys more than splashing the cash in the Premier League where huge player purchases are no guarantee of Premiership survival(aka QPR). No problem for zero-pence spending Burnley

The sheer staggering size of the sums involved may make even billionaires think twice. This may be a rich-mans plaything with Arab & Russian oil money but not fantastic vale for money - and no certainty of a return on an investment.

Championship football is a punt on getting greater riches without mind-boggling expense.

No problem for zero-pence spending Burnley

The folk who run BFC are £80m plus richer, not the club. If that was the case, and was no problem, Ings wouldn't walk, neither would Trippier. Surley with such a vast sum in the bank, you'd build a side around those young Players? £80m would comfortably al

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

No problem for zero-pence spending Burnley

The folk who run BFC are £80m plus richer, not the club. If that was the case, and was no problem, Ings wouldn't walk, neither would Trippier. Surley with such a vast sum in the bank, you'd build a side around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)