+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No bid for ince

No bid for ince

Been reported this morning that no bid as been made by derby for tom ince

re: No bid for ince

"it has been reported" ?? But didn't the SDSR/Chris shoe shine stand report that it had some weeks ago?

As I understand it, we don't have to bid on Ince, as we already have a buy agreement from the loan spell last season.

The agreement as only in place if we reached the premier league

Call me cynical but I'm still not 100% on Ince. He was only impressive in games where the team was playing well and very often got lost last season. £5 million is a lot at this level, especially when it's £2 million more than our record signing. I suppose he has got potential though.

And sell on potential too. If he signs I guess I'll be happy if not I won't be gutted. It's certainly dragging on now though so it looks increasingly unlikely to my untrained eye

As i see it, Hull Don't want to sell, but it's now out of their hands, so they are going to try every trick in the book to keep him,
    Derby want to buy ince with payments, hull want the money up front, other way to try to stop us buying him,
    Derby have known from the start how much the buy-out clause is, and them knowing Hull Do not want to sell, they cannot pay any less,
    so that tells us Derby are happy with the buy-out price or they would not of informed Hull of their intention to exercise the option to sign Ince.

Quote Originally Posted by coxy76
    As i see it, Hull Don't want to sell, but it's now out of their hands, so they are going to try every trick in the book to keep him,
    Derby want to buy ince with payments, hull want the money up front, other way to try to stop us buying him,
    Derby have known from the start how much the buy-out clause is, and them knowing Hull Do not want to sell, they cannot pay any less,
    so that tells us Derby are happy with the buy-out price or they would not of informed Hull of their intention to exercise the option to sign Ince.
    I think Ince has stated that he hoped (expects) to be playing in the PL and would probably opt for that if such an offer came. Otherwise Derby have to satisfy the buy out clause as a minimum requirement to gain this players signature. He's a very good championship player with bags of potential. My valuation would be £3.5 million tops.

Not sure about this one weve now committed ourselves to having to pay £4.5 million by invoking the buy out clause His he worth it maybe im not really sure I was very disappointed with him against Reading neither him or Bent turned up for the most important game of the season Steve Bruce suddenly says he wants him to stay when last season he could not wait to ship him out the player was never going to learn anything in the Championship.Hes already proved himself there I think for that kind of money we can get two top class players

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)