+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laing signs

re: Laing signs

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    Very pleased with this now have the same back 4 and midfield 4 as finished season so lookin forward to next season now
    Jesus wept did you actually go to any games last season ? Do you remember how close they went to relegation and how bad they were ? More of the same will do you ??

Cant believe how many folks have had the wool pulled over their eyes by the two (highly enjoyable) play offs and think we're suddenly full of character and talent , FFS that Sevco team were so fragile knackered and frankly rubbish that they even made McManus look half decent The thought of him and Laing and watching what we had to endure last season fills me with dread

We went into the bottom six with it in our own hands against the sides we will be in the mix with this season and we saw what we were made of. Going back for the same players and losing McDonald's goals and passion doesnt fill me with any confidence for this season.

Obviously i hope i

Last season we signed a whole bunch of players at the Jamuary transfer window
    Most did not make the grade and we escaped relegation
    The defence and midfield was suspect and that area must improve, gone are Erwin and perhaps Scott MacDonald. Scott made defenders work harrying chasing lost causes feeding Erwin and Johnson without him it's still a bit of an unknown up front regarding strikers. The friendlies perhaps will give an indication of things to come.

I'm NOT expecting to sign John Terry, Cahill, Ferdinand or Sergio Ramos but within our meagre budget an excellent signing and when combine with those remaining, we have decent back four that can only improve playing alongside each other.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_Canada
    The defence and midfield was suspect and that area must improve, gone are Erwin and perhaps Scott MacDonald...it's still a bit of an unknown up front regarding strikers.
    Signings are coming thick and fast. We're certainly recruiting strikers and we would seem to be ok for wide midfielders, but yes we do need to strengthen our defence and central midfield for the reason you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by eaststandman
    Very pleased with this now have the same back 4 and midfield 4 as finished season so lookin forward to next season now
    Jesus wept did you actually go to any games last season ? Do you remember how close they went to relegation and how bad they were ? More of the same will do you ??

Cant believe how many folks have had the wool pulled over their eyes by the two (highly enjoyable) play offs and think we're suddenly full of character and talent , FFS that Sevco team were so fragile knackered and frankly rubbish that they even made
    McManus look half decent The thought of him and Laing and watching what we had to endure last season fills me with dread

We went into the bottom six with it in our own hands against the sides we will be in the mix with this season and we saw what we were made of. Going back for the same players and losing McDonald's goals and passion doesnt fill me wit

I dont remember coming out of Firhill at the tail end of the season thinking by jove big Laing has fair settled in or trudging out of St Mirren park thinking , Laing was a big miss there , the sooner he's back the better.

As for improving as the season went on , another couple of weeks and St Mirren looked like they could have caught us, that's how the season finished.

This settling in and looking a player seems to stem from the play offs. Its amazing, an entire season seems to have been zapped from people's minds.

I hope he's turned into a player but for me its just another concern regarding the manager's judgement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)