+ Visit Sunderland FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Santiago Vergini and Charis Mavrias

Santiago Vergini and Charis Mavrias

If they it wasnt crystal clear to them before it is now. Both missing from the squad in north america had to turn out for the u21's

Mikael Mandron scored 4 in yesterdays 5-1 win over tow law town. Hardly a massive test but still got to beat the keeper.
    tuesday nights game at consett looks like giving them a little more confidence too.

re: Santiago Vergini and Charis Mavrias

..Five in a row .. ..

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom
    If they it wasnt crystal clear to them before it is now. Both missing from the squad in north america had to turn out for the u21's

Mikael Mandron scored 4 in yesterdays 5-1 win over tow law town. Hardly a massive test but still got to beat the keeper.
    tuesday nights game at consett looks like giving them a little more confidence too.
    Vergini looks like another almighty c. ock up by the club... we HAVE to pay £2m for him after playing him in 20 games... and apparently we're obliged to take Alvarez for a rumoured £7.5 million, ... Mavrias was at least worth a punt given he had the chance to improve given his age, the other two, words fail me. You'd genuinely think that if your career was spent in football as was Di Fanti's and latterly Congerton, that you'd at least know a half decent player from a pile of $.hite or an injury prone lightweight.

At 2mill i wonder what wage hes on. Could he be used as back up or just take a hit and sell for 500k and free up a wage for a new signing.
    His only saving grace is he is a body. But an u21 is a body who presumably has some form of potential.
    Gus has really left us with some dead weight unless as he claims they werent his signings?

At 2mill i wonder what wage hes on. Could he be used as back up or just take a hit and sell for 500k and free up a wage for a new signing.
    His only saving grace is he is a body. But an u21 is a body who presumably has some form of potential.
    Gus has really left us with some dead weight unless as he claims they werent his signings?
    Not sure if you're referring to Vergini or Mavrias?

Mavrias... he's in the last year of his contract so either he makes the breakthrough ( not likely, but who knows.. ) or he's gone anyway. Don't think he was a Poyet buy.

Vergini... I have more chance of doing the 100metres sub 10 seconds than he has of making it in England as a footballer. He's not on big wages... but compared to Argentina he's on a king's bloody ransom, so he won't be got rid of easily!

Definitely a Poyet choice...as was Scocco and Alvarez. Ditto Coates, who only became a decent player when Advocaat joined us.

Okay...those were p

.. Five in a row .. ..