+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cynical ploy to sell more season tickets?

Cynical ploy to sell more season tickets?

Maybe the ridiculous match day prices are just a ruse to encourage more season ticket sales?
    Much as I wouldn't agree with this tactic if it was the case, I really hope there will be 22 category g matches after the BC game for those who don't take the bait.
    I feel really sorry for Wednesday supporters.
    Before any rivalry, we are all Sheffielders who love our football and I hate the thought of MY friends and MY family being ripped off by some outsider.
    Sort it fish face because you don't wanna go upsetting us Sheffield folk

re: Cynical ploy to sell more season tickets?

fish face...

Not sure people will be flocking to buy a season ticket when they see the prices for phase three.

I believe if people knew that this kind of pay on the gate prices were on the horizon, they would have committed to a season ticket at early bird prices. The fact that wasn't communicated by the club is what's frustrated me the most.

I think they'll decide the categories as we go along, giving them flexibility to change it. Surely they'll soon work out that it's better to get lot of fans in at Cat E, F, G than hardly any at D and above.

A statement from the club would be nice to clear up a few things, after all it's made national press.

Must have read what I put... - view external link

Cynical ploy or a good flexible business plan?
    For instance the Fulham game could be a cat g 20 quid or 15 for members.

If we do well the fans will come and they will pay the prices, i don't agree with the higher prices but it is a fact of life, football ended as a working mans game when the Premiership was established.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)