+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket prices get over it

re: Ticket prices get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Dudleywolf
    If we are Cat A, (£52) That's 3000 Wolves you aint getting as we will boycott. What happens if all clubs charge you the same?

Stupid, unrealistic prices, have they discovered gold in Sheffield instead of steel ?
    We wont pay it?

I highly doubt Wolves will be Cat A. Judging by the ranking of our first two home games, I would guess Cat C or D - which would mean £36 or £33 for Wolves. Which is sadly, up there with what most clubs charge away fans in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudleywolf
    If we are Cat A, (£52) That's 3000 Wolves you aint getting as we will boycott. What happens if all clubs charge you the same?

Stupid, unrealistic prices, have they discovered gold in Sheffield instead of steel ?
    Cat A hasn't got a £52 ticket Cat A* has a £52 South Stand Ticket
    The most expensive away ticket is Cat A* £45
    Can't for the life of me see which game Cat A* will apply to certainly won't be Wolves

[color=blue] Wednesday fans squeaked the hell out of having to pay silly prices at Elland Road last season. Now it's your own club charging silly money it's get over it. Does this mean In a couple of weeks Wednesday will take the full away allocation for a change.

Wonder if Wendy will fill our away end then like Rotherham did, which was also category a (£36, yes I agree, FAR too much, my season ticket works out 17 quids a game). Bit of an embarassment that I'd have thought? Point is that a big club don't take a thousand to a derby game 30 miles up the road and don't get 23 thousand first game of an optimistic season when it's not live on telly. So.....either you ain't what you think you are OR there's some other reason for the sh ite attendance. Either way, somat's not right and if I were a wendy I'd want something done about it. MOT

I'll be giving Leeds away a miss again.

While the price of £36 for a game live on Sky is a major factor behind my decision, paying such a fee to get treated like a dog is what has deterred me more.

The last time I went we were kept inside the ground for 45 minutes after the game had finished - no thanks.

I'll give my local £36 and in return I'll get to see the match, with a beer, while not having my human rights taken away from me and being told I need to remain somewhere I don't want to be 'for my own safety' in 2015.

I have no qualms in admitting Leeds get bigger numbers than us both home and away - you should blow us out of the water considering it's a one team city. The fact we won't be that far behind you in terms of averages answers your question around 'being a big club' Sam11....although I'm more interested in league positions to be honest!

Yeah didn't think you'd come and knew there'd be some tenuous reason. FYI away fans aren't kept in these days and haven't been for quite a few years now. It seems we can be trusted to all walk down the same street together after the game.
    I'll be at your gaff again this term, as will quite a few thousand others, unless of course we're charged 40 odd quids and then you can fu ck right off.

Come on now children play nicely

Moi?!

Aren't you contradicting yourself there, Sam11? You've just stated my reasons are tenuous and then said you wont be visiting our place due to the price?

Don"t let the facts get in the way of a good rant Roth!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)