+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skippy

re: Skippy

Good to see you keeping up with the pessimism, 7 new signings not a ball kicked and still we haven't got it right.

Good to see lawman positive as usual great news signing skippy and he talks about relegation battle the defence is complete as chalmers kennedy McManus and Laing can play central 1st 2 can also play full back and with hammell law and watt we are covered it's only a goalie we need and central midfielder and we will get them as been confirmed by manager and flow so ffs lawman get some positivity for a change

I'm so pleased to see Scott back - he never gives the other team a minute's peace and, as other posters have recognised, he has experience to offer younger players - and he frequently offers it without being asked. Overall, now, I don't see the midfield being marginalised the way it sometimes was last season. We have a decent spread over the spectrum of youth into experience; I think we'll be OK at worst, and if the new guys bang in some goals, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    Good to see lawman positive as usual great news signing skippy and he talks about relegation battle the defence is complete as chalmers kennedy McManus and Laing can play central 1st 2 can also play full back and with hammell law and watt we are covered it's only a goalie we need and central midfielder and we will get them as been confirmed by manager and flow so ffs lawman get some positivity for a change
    I think the defence, whatever permutation , and goalkeeper are good enough to keep us out the relegation spots if we beef up the midfield. Sure Twardzick is dodgy at cross balls but if you let the opposition pepper your goalkeepers with cross balls all game for fun even a good keeper can be made to look like a f@nny. Lasley worries me as his rash late tackling are only going to get worse.

Lets also remember most of the team that didnt lose a single home game in our last 9 has been retained. We were not far away from on OK SPF

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    I don't see us adding more to the defence. I think we're relying on Hammell left back, Laing and Kennedy fighting it out to be beside McManus in the middle, and Law starting at right back. We've then got Chalmers and Reid, whenever he returns, as back-up, and the hope Watt kicks on this year. Even if you count Watt as an U20 for now, that's seven guys for four spots - there won't be anyone else coming in.

If Hammell is fit we've upgraded left back hugely from last term. Law, in his real position, was at least reasonably solid though hardly especially impressive. The middle is the massive worry though - McManus can play well but didn't bother his arse for months last season, Laing has improved but who couldn't from his initial displays and Kennedy is far from proven.
    Agree with most of that. We need a more solid goalkeeper for starters and hopefully we'll get that - a trialist starting in Sligo tonight. I also feel ri

Absolutely delighted with our signings so far. Looks like we have compitition for almost all positions. Something we have been lacking for a long time and with some young lads come through. Things are looking up. Really looking forward to the game on Friday at Livingston. Skippy might not play up front this season. More the Messi role

Great news. A central midfielder and a sensible goalkeeper signing and we'll be ready to improve my 10th place prediction of last week to mid table.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHHNYG
    Great news. A central midfielder and a sensible goalkeeper signing and we'll be ready to improve my 10th place prediction of last week to mid table.
    Sorry, senior moment, I predicted 9th place last week.

Don't worry Johnny G happens to us all see my comment about the new striker, there's too many new faces for me to keep up with...God help me when the young uns start giving the "new guys" nicknames I'll need to find a dark corner to hide in.
    'Mon the 'WELL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)