+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stranraer - the opener

re: Stranraer - the opener

I'm honestly looking forward to the start of the season, this is because of all the knew signings. I also heard that William gros is close to a deal with the club.

All the talk in the pub I was in today was from punters looking forward to the town holidays which start tomorrow and also many seem to be heading to the Wickerman Festival.

Intrigued rather than excited about this season to be honest.
    Far too many changes from last year,and although we should be strong enough to stay in this division with this squad,I think a play off place may just be out of reach this time round.
    Tomorrow is a tie that Queens should expect to win.Hopefully they do,with a solid display.
    Would still like to see a big tall striker signed before too long,and the lack of height amongst the team as a whole is a bit concerning.
    Having seen the squad last Saturday close up,only the goalie and Brownlie of the new signings could be classed as being fairly
    tall.
    'MON THE SOUTH!

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, to see all the new players, and hopefully a Queens victory. I see Brownlie is out for tomorrow, so that weakens the defence straightaway.If fit i would start with this eleven.

THOMSON

KIDD DOWIE HIGGINS RUTHERFORD

JACOBS MILLAR TAPPING CONROY

HILSON LYLE

C'mon Queeeeeens!

Not sure what size of crowd this game will attract tomorrow . I'm guessing around the 1,400 mark at most !!!
    Hope young team are in good voice , we rely on them to create any kind of atmosphere at games these days . And remember lads - no silliness please .

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty3
    Looking forward to the game tomorrow, to see all the new players, and hopefully a Queens victory. I see Brownlie is out for tomorrow, so that weakens the defence straightaway.If fit i would start with this eleven.

THOMSON

HILSON LYLE

C'mon Queeeeeens!

In the midfield you have chosen their all just central midfielders.

[quote="aloreburn"]French striker William Gros also training with Queens . 2 goals from 50 appearances for Killie

When this guy's first popped up I checked up on Wikipedia and his scoring record is quite atrocious for a striker. We must surely do better than this!!
    Will be interesting at tomorrows game to see just how the new guys gel together however we must get solidly behind them from the start as this will certainly help these boys and their confidence.
    Mon the South

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries
    Not sure what size of crowd this game will attract tomorrow . I'm guessing around the 1,400 mark at most !!!
    Hope young team are in good voice , we rely on them to create any kind of atmosphere at games these days . And remember lads - no silliness please .
    I would like to be proved wrong, but I think 1400 is hugely optimistic for tomorrow,take away the 400 and you might be closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty3

THOMSON

HILSON LYLE

C'mon Queeeeeens!
    Personally think that the team that started against Killie will play tomorrow barring any injuries, that would be :
    Thomson
    Marshall-Higgins-Dowie-Jacobs
    Millar-Tapping
    Russell-Conroy-Hilson
    Lyle

Rutherford has more experience than Marshall, and looked good going forward for Livi last season he needs to work on his defensive side of the game.Holt was a great player for Queens, but many a time teams would attack down the right and i would say to my friend where's Kevin? Rutherford and Kidd will bomb down the wings tomorrow if picked and Jacobs, Conroy Mllar or Tapping just need to tuck in and cover.I think we could have one of the best midfields in the division this season, but i'm worried about our defence. We lost two really good players, and signed Brownlie who i haven't seen a lot of to be honest.Only other cover at centre back is Hooper and we have two very young left backs, so i would like to see another experienced defender signed up soon. Up the Queens!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)