+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stranraer - the opener

Stranraer - the opener

At long last some competitve action and looking forward to immensely. Haven't seen the team yet so a lot of the players are a bit of a mystery. For those that have or haven't even , let's have a first 11 forecast and a score .

re: Stranraer - the opener

Will be really difficult to guess the starting 11 this weekend as I'm sure we can play trialists in this game . Heard ex Motherwell & Ross County centre half Steven Saunders is on trial at the moment along with Lewis Guy & the much travelled Paul Heffernan

Can't wait for the new season to begin . Right now I'd quite happily take a 1-0 win ...

Stranraer have lost four or five of their best players,much like us. Think Queens will be too strong for them, but it will still be still a tough game.I would expect us to win 2-0, but i would accept a 1-0 win as i'm sure most of us would.
    I'm not impressed with the standard of trialists, we supposedly have training at the moment, with the possible exception of Hutton who would add a bit of height to the midfield. Still think we need an experienced right back so Dowie and Higgins can both play in the middle when we play four at the back.
    Up the Queens!

Saunders is also rumoured to be training or on trial at Bradford City .
    Kyle Hutton would be a great signing but a striker is more important . Paul Heffernan isn't the answer though . Surely we can attract somebody younger & better than him .

All teams are allowed to play 2 trialist in the Petrofac Cup 1st round matches

French striker William Gros also training with Queens . 2 goals from 50 appearances for Killie

Aye if you put the form of the three trialist strikers together for their last two years, it still doesn't add up to decent form for one striker! Lyle, Hilson and Russell will score between ten and fif**** goals each, if they can stay clear of injury in the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn
    French striker William Gros also training with Queens . 2 goals from 50 appearances for Killie
    Have seen a photo of this huge, musclebound guy on P+B and he might well be more suited to wrestling than football . Seriously, is someone with that poor a goalscoring record someone we should be signing ? I think not .

This one JR ...

He should maybe consider changing his surname by deed pole?

There doesn't seem to be much of a buzz about this game on Saturday . Only a handful of replies on here and the P&B site regarding the game .

Is the love affair with Queens still there ? Why don't we see as many fans post on message boards anymore ? Aren't you's looking forward to the start of another season ?

I'd honestly like to hear your thoughts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)