+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't believe it...Jonny and Selma have gone

I don't believe it...Jonny and Selma have gone

Austrian says Blues will remain close to his heart

To have played for and captained this historic club is an honour and it means so much to me"
    Johnny Ertl

Johnny Ertl has left Pompey by mutual consent.

The Austrian arrived at Fratton Park in the summer of 2012 after leaving Sheffield United and made a total of 88 appearances for the Blues.

He has been used as both a defender and midfielder, and served the club as team and club captain.

Ertl also undertook a Master’s in Business Administration during his time on the south coast, where he used Pompey as a case study when writing about the importance of sustainability in football.

And although the 32-year-old will no longer be running out of the tunnel on a matchday, he is not turning his back on the Blues.

“I want to say a huge ‘thank you’ to everyone,” said Ertl. “I have enjoyed every single minute of my time at Pompey.

“It’s been challenging at times and there have been plenty of ups and downs. When I first came here, players

re: I don't believe it...Jonny and Selma have gone

Rumoured to be joining Claridge at Salisbury

Now he has his MBA, he is probably going for his training "tickets" so that he can go into Management.

Can't be bad if he is going to join Stevie @ Salisbury. Excellent experience without the League pressure. I remember Ron Saunders started @ Yeovil, which was a Southern League Club in those (not so) distant days. Didn't do him any harm.

Sorry to see Johnny go, but the pressure on constant match fitness must tell after several years. Says a lot for our mob when he reckons we are a class outfit to play and work for.

He has been a true gent in the Jimmy Dickinson mould. We are proud that you have served with us, Mr Ertl. Thank you. All the best to you and your family. We won't forget you.

Seconded Mike. Shame certain elements got after him. I always thought he was OK.

Had the pleasure of meeting the Ertl's as did Scully. They are top people and I wish them well. Maybe one day I will see him play if indeed he does join Claridges's Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoular1
    Rumoured to be joining Claridge at Salisbury
    If he has gone to Salisbury,they now play in the Wes*** prem Level 9 of the pyramid(after folding and having to re apply for league status)the same league as Fareham,Moneyfields and Portchester.
    I hope Steve with or without Jonny gets the side stableized and moving up the pyramid.

I'm sure they will move up at a great rate of knots as will Hereford who similarly are starting at the bottom of the pyramid.

Just to square the circle...Hereford will play in the Midland league Premier...level 9.
    That is a big drop from the Ronnie Radford days...I hope they recover under their new owner.

Theres a lot of people unhappy with the way Salisbury have been placed in the Wes*** Premier, they should have been put into Div 1 or the Wilts County League , that would be starting at the bottom of the Pyramid.As it is they've taken another clubs place in the premier league, doesn't sem very fair to me. I shall no doubt see the Pompeys former skipper when Salisbury play Fareham Town...and we certainly wouldn't want Salisbury doing well that day, regardless of who may have Pompey connections.

Interesting comments there Phil.I guess Steve Claridge had some clout somewhere,however having said that presumably the space left in the Conference South evened things out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)