+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Potential striker sales

Potential striker sales

Ok, Rudy is probably unavoidable now, but what possible benefit can venkys get out of receiving 12m for Rhodes? We lose him, we can't replace him which could spell relegation for the club down to league 1, which in turn would lose venkys a lot more than 12m. I don't get it..?

re: Potential striker sales

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    Ok, Rudy is probably unavoidable now, but what possible benefit can venkys get out of receiving 12m for Rhodes? We lose him, we can't replace him which could spell relegation for the club down to league 1, which in turn would lose venkys a lot more than 12m. I don't get it..?
    I suppose selling both Gestede and Rhodes SHOULD takes us out an embargo.(ala Leeds /McCormack?)

Its not just the £12M fee it also reduces our wages considerably if Rhodes is on the reported 35-40 grand a week.

As for making a dent in the actually debt ...hardly makes any difference if the figures are correct.

Saving grace is Venkys seem to keep ploughing money in turning parts of the debt into share capital which im presuming they re liable for and probably will never get back. Why i dont know..

Overall a fcking mess

Glad to see you ve finally seen sense Sax about Rhodes.
    After spending nearly two seasons panning the lad and saying get shut y

Jordan Rhodes has been absolutely top dollar for us throughout,first class professional who delivers the goods and(so far)avoids long-term injuries. Cant ask for any more than that.

The reason we didnt get into the top six is down to most of the other players,irrespective of wages...

I do not begrudge Rhodes a move. He has been a model professional throughout and I would have been miffed to have been denied a move to Hull in the premiership at the time but he kept giving his all. Whilst Boro is hardly glamour Rhodes nust realise that a route to the premiership is far more likely there than at Rovers.

It looks like it is just time to move on. We have been lucky to have two strikers in top form for us over tha last 18 months. It is just a shame Bowyer blew the chance by failing to sort out the rest of the team and continue with match losing tactics.

There seems to be a crop of youngsters emerging that might give us a fighting chance. Let's pray they are up to the mark. Freebies, Loanees and desperados is not a recipe for success.

Looks like we will be scrapping it out in the bottom half of the table this season as we attempt to rebuild the Venky's wreckage but this is the only way out of the mess. I just hope we do not go down this season but it does now look a

[quote="Rvblue"]I do not begrudge Rhodes a move. He has been a model professional throughout and I would have been miffed to have been denied a move to Hull in the premiership at the time but he kept giving his all. Whilst Boro is hardly glamour Rhodes nust realise that a route to the premiership is far more likely there than at Rovers.

It looks like it is just time to move on. We have been lucky to have two strikers in top form for us over tha last 18 months. It is just a shame Bowyer blew the chance by failing to sort out the rest of the team and continue with match losing tactics.

There seems to be a crop of youngsters emerging that might give us a fighting chance. Let's pray they are up to the mark. Freebies, Loanees and desperados is not a recipe for success.

Looks like we will be scrapping it out in the bottom half of the table this season as we attempt to rebuild the Venky's wreckage but this is the only way out of the mess. I just hope we do not

I hope your right aucks about the feel of togetherness I have my doubts
    as soon as Rhodes and gestede leave the fan numbers will dwindle with the thought of a relegation fight isn't always a supporters cup of tea
    I however will be at Ewood as much as I can this season I might be one voice but I think the team needs all the help it can get.

Just like at every team in the land (and this does include BFC, even though they would claim otherwise) . Support fervour, and with it attendance, does ebb and flow between the 'good times' and the 'not so good times'.
    Ours though in this particular moment in time is/has been greatly magnified by; our spectacular preceding 'era' of Prem success but with it the catalyst of our equally spectacular demise ie Venkys et al.

I would say given the location and size and demographic of the town, it is maybe not so alarming. Making reference to say PNE over the same decades does not really paint us in such a bad light. Nor does it with the same ref towards our nearest and dearest neighbours !

IF, we did not have the heavy financial legacy of Venkys disastrous reign, would it really be so much of a 'issue'. We are where we are in the scheme of things, given our probable expectant standing amongst all other teams in the land.

All of this causes inevitable discord and anxiety, and in many ange

re: 're: Potential striker sales'

Possibly the best post I've ever seen on here

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)