+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just a thought

Just a thought

I was wondering if your lot have any old farts like me(forest fan) who used to go sometimes to see a great team at the baseball ground remember this lot.
    Green,
    Webster, robson,
    Durbon, Macfarland,McKay,
    Magoven, carling, O'hare, Hecter, Hinton
    I think it was the first team that started playing the likes of the so called top 6 of the park(including us) and then
    Colin Todd etc, came in and they were a class act. I bet some of your old farts shake there heads at the thoughts of the good old days, and you may well go up this season, but like us, you will never see the likes of those days again......good luck for the season comming, you won't need as much as we will

re: Just a thought

Old fart indeed?

Come to think of it, I guess I am an old fart as I remember that team well. Don't forget Frankie Wignall!

re: 're: Just a thought'

he's not far wrong with farts is otr

re: 're: 're: Just a thought''

You guys are just kids............. I can remember Musson, Stamps, Doherty & Carter.

re: 're: 're: Just a thought''

I remember George Thornewell and Harry Bedford down at the BBG

re: 're: 're: 're: Just a thought'''

was bloomer playing slimey when you first watched only joking .

re: 're: 're: 're: Just a thought'''

Don't be silly, when Slimey first started watching the Rams at the Racecourse, Steve Bloomer was still at school.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)