+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The wearing of other teams tops

The wearing of other teams tops

The recent Soccer Camp at Palmy is a welcome initiative by Queens but the wearing of other team's colours/tops should be discouraged.

It should be pointed out to potential customers that plain or Queens kit should be worn and this would provide some welcome business for the Palmy shop.

I remember the disgraceful spectacle during the Harkness era when the Queen's ball boys took the field wearing a selection of Celtic and Rangers tops!

re: 'The wearing of other teams tops'

You had a Barcelona cap on at the weekend

re: 're: 'The wearing of other teams tops''

Are we not charging the parents for the summer camp already?The majority of the kids in the photos are wearing Queens colours.Changed days from when i was growing up in the 80s when you were in the 1% minority.Queens profile in the area has never been higher with the teams performance and people passing through the Arena doors.Hopefully after their summer camp and meeting the team they will be nagging their family for Queens tops anyway.I think we can cut the wee teams some slack.

I just seen the picture of the summer camp and I completely agree with admin.

Hate seeing other teams shirts being worn. Not respectful at all. blame the parents tho not the kids.

Don't the kids get a Queens top or t-shirt along with their summer training ?

If not , why not ...?

Yes get a top at end of week

Maybe be a better idea to give the lads their top at the start of the week ......

re: 're: 're: 'The wearing of other teams tops'''

Yeah that would work as you pay for week in advance

re: 're: 're: 'The wearing of other teams tops'''

So folk have to pay £35/£80 for their child to attend and on top of that they won't be allowed in if they wear another team's jersey? Aye right! I couldn't care what tops the kids wore and I doubt anyone with business sense does either. They are paying their money, they can wear whatever the hell they like. As well as a financial income for the club in the short-term the goal is surely to encourage these kids to visit Palmerston on a regular basis. Starting off by telling them what they can and cannot wear to a training school is hardly going to be the impression the club wants to give. Ridiculous.

re: 're: 're: 're: 'The wearing of other teams tops''''

oh look whose crawled out of the woodwork. Opening his mouth and letting his belly rumble as usual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)