+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Splash Cash Season!!!!

re: Splash Cash Season!!!!

Every season is supposed to be harder than the last. And yet, I never think it is. Every time the Prem money goes up, it is expected that the relegated teams will be harder to beat. But they're not.

If you just look back at how relegated teams do, the majority fail to get re promoted, many miss out on the top 6. Some fight a second relegation battle.

High spending championship clubs are not always the successful ones either. Pressure of expectation can often be an inhibitor to success. It's all a bit of a gamble really.

Damn!

If only we had thought of that Po. Not spending and hoping it will be OK...

I wish we had an embargo like yours. And also a total tool of an owner like yours too...

Don't get caught up in all this "£500m spent already..." cobblers that gets Sky Sports all uncomfortable in the trouser area.

When presented with stats like that, have a think about them first without being lead by the nose by the media.

It's not cumulative!

How much of these figures are the same chunks of cash whizzing back and forth.

Think about it. For example. The £2.5m we paid Burnley for Shackell. They then spend £2.5m (for arguments sake) on Lansbury, passing £2.5m to Forest.

How much has been spent? £2.5m in total, it has just passed from club to club via two transactions. Sky/other media would have you believe it is £5m.

Sky Sports said that Sky Sports said this, it's there to be looked at and those are the facts anyhow teams spending money makes it more for an enticing season to watch and should be a real battle that i am looking forward to.

It's there to be looked at, but it's not there to be swallowed hook, line and sinker, like some gurning half-wit incapable of questioning what he is being presented. Lacking the ability to think independently of media direction.

Unless you're 8 years old and look up briefly from playing FIFA15...

Pfff can't see whats being presented we have media for a reason if we didn't we wouldn't know whats happening in the world or in football related terms transfer news or updates about the future of the club. If you hate the media so much why come on social media.

Ahhh. The naivety of youth. Sure, the media present only facts. No spin. No bias

Andre Gray signing is he? Where's Bridcutt?

Who said I hate the media? Not I. I don't merely digest everything the media produces.

Your world seems very simple. Love the media or hate the media. Not quite so simple.

If you don't question things in life, you are going to be taken for a right mug. Mind you some deserve that. It is how the gene pool is thinned out.

My world seems very simple, no world is very simple mate nothing comes easy you have to work hard for it.

So at the risk of labouring a (relevant) point. The media said we were closing in on Andre Gray (the club say this is untrue). Who is more likely to be presenting the facts?

The media also claimed we were to sign Bridcutt. What happened there?

You take my point?

You can't pick and choose what to believe because it is 'enticing'.

What you saying is they get your hopes up about us linking with Andre Gray and it turns out not being true and your hopes are trashed and this leads to a media outrage thats football all over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)