+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Hegan R.I.P.

Danny Hegan R.I.P.

Friend of mine just shared a Mel Eves post on Facebook that Danny Hegan has passed away...

R.I.P. Danny

Edit: Dorset, I'm trying to eventually move all threads regarding the passing of ex Wolves players to the Sir Jack's board, which can be found in the drop down box and the top of the home page,

re: Danny Hegan R.I.P.

If only he had been the player McGarry wanted him to be, but too much of a loner/maverick even then a prodigious talent!
    Rest easy Danny.

Very sad news now confirmed. RIP Danny Hegan:- - view external link

RIP Danny. As someone posted he never quite clicked, but he put in a few decent performances. I remember seeing him put us in front at Old Trafford with a nicely taken goal. Lost 2-1 in the end though.

Way before my time in following Wolves.

R.I.P. Danny Hegan

I only saw Danny play a handful of games as that was the era I first started watching Wolves regularly. Although I have no initial memories of his playing games back then I do remember a story regarding the infamous Leeds's match that cost them the league in 1972. I's widely believed ( and probably not without some foundation) that certain Leeds players tried to bribe the Wolves to 'throw' that match. The Wolves target for that was big Frank, makes sense as he had just broken into the Scotland squad that already had its fair share of Leeds Utd players. Wolves nulled that chance anyway by winning the match, and from that moment on we were eternally in Brian Clough's debt. Frank never spoke of the incident again, and although I've never read his autobiography- started and partly written by Waggy- I'm still not sure he revealed all. However Danny Hagen did threaten to spill the beans to a national red top just after that, match until he was stopped under threat of a lawsuit by Billy Bremn

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)