+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has he got it right?

Has he got it right?

Ok folks, this is Mark Robins first season with his own hand picked players, so how will he do?On a personal level I think that if we get a decent start then we will have a very good chance of automatic promotion . I've put my money where my mouth is and got 6/1 at the bookies for automatic promotion. I was going to have a bet on Paddy Madden as top scorer, but I'm a little doubtful about it. So the question remains . Has Mark Robins got it right????

re: Has he got it right?

I believe Mark Robins is doing a great job, and yes I believe he is GETTING it right, can't be sure enough to say he has Got it right yet. We haven't even started this season yet, all we can do is support and encourage the team we love, because we are their fans and no ********* else will. What I can't understand is why that handful of so called supporters posting elsewhere have to be so nagative, what is their agenda? Seems to me that they are only happy when they can find something to complain about, and throughout the season they will be at their most vocal, if and when The Iron lose, and largely absent when we win.

Swann, Robins, and Kelly are like a breath of fresh air, men with ambition and scope, capable of taking our club and turning it into something even more special. The "ickle Scunny" mentality that has held us back for years is being challeged, and that is a good thing. If you aim for the stars, then you will as high as possible, aiim low and that is as far as you get.

re: Has he got it right?

We are going in the right direction. Have we got it right this summer? Well, the squad is certainly stronger and I've no worries on having to endure another relegation struggle. Are we the finished article in terms of a promotion pushing team? I'm not so sure. From what I've seen pre-season we still may have a weakness in defensive areas but hopefully the players I have doubts about will prove me wrong.

If I were to hazard a guess on our finishing position it would be somewhere between 6th and 10th place. Not a disaster in my mind but I worry a few people are getting carried away and expecting us to storm the division because we've had such a good pre-season. There are many other teams who have arguably strengthened as much as we have. Providing we keep progressing and try to play football I will be more than happy.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)