+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Room for improvement!!!

re: Room for improvement!!!

In that season Bryson scored all those goals he was like having a CAM.

Craig Bryson was poor last season which was due to mainly injuries and he has never been the same player since he signed a new contract. He looked to get things back on track but his injury problems have crept up on him again which showed today.

I think it was the fact he wasn't allowed to play the role he's been so successful doing. Not anything else!

Televised Capital One Cup game coming up on Wednesday night against Portsmouth a chance to play Hanson maybe? He was outstanding against Burton a huge prospect.

I thought Hanson was quite small actually

It'll take around a half a dozen games for Clement to get the team he's looking for, still a learning curve at the moment.
    I must admit I was surprised to see Shotton in the squad and Warnock starting. Also hope the injuries aren't serious!!!

I think you have been playing far too much FIFA 15

We do not need another attacking midfielder, central or otherwise, what we do need is to play the correct player in the correct position. Warnock will never impress me, even if he scored a hat trick every game unfortunately. Forsythe gives us added options going forward, and when we were playing and scoring for fun he was permanently getting forward and creating chances. We also need to put Ince just behind Martin, this worked well for him last season, when he moved in behind Bent at times. We could do with Weimann starting out wide as well, his pace is frightening from the brief times I have seen it. I also agree with whoever said Christie should be ahead of Shotton, whilst he may lack a bit defending wise, he can get forward and attack, we have enough experience with Baird, Keogh and Shackell to assist him and cover.

We also have to remember its very early days and we have a few new players, so we need to find our rhythmn

When I saw the lineup my first thought was that the defence was set up to defend not to have raiding full backs.
    It was possibly the oldest/most experienced defence we could assemble - especially the back 4 when Keogh at 28 was the baby of the bunch.
    The full backs Warnock and Baird are both 33. I don't think they were ever intended to push forward on overlaps but were more set in place to hold steady against the physical attributes Bolton had.
    Bearing in mind Lennon had watched Derby against Burton I never expected us to start with the 4-2-3-1 formation against them but there is no doubt that the loss of the 2 central midfielders severely hampered the ability to adapt the formation and personnel to really take the game to Bolton late on.
    As it was Derby were slightly fortunate on balance of woodwork shots to leave with a point - but there has been a lot of change and upheaval this season. It will take time for new tactics to filter through and players to find their form.
    Likewise

Have to say I'd be very impressed 'if he scored a hat trick every game'.
    Take all your other points though Chili, but I'd like to see Ssew***ambo given a chance at right back, assuming Baird has to be moved into midfield, against Pompey. Still got hopes for Christie but Sse'ambo seems more confident at this stage.

"Need to find our rhythm" Most teams scored goals asept from us lacking behind as usual changing formation will never work as we found out last season which ended up with loads of players out of sorts. What we need is to stick to the formation we have and work around it and use it to our advantage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)