+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Business as usual

Business as usual

Bright start, then motivation, (or lack of it); creeps in. 2nd best to every ball, even in in our own passing for large parts of the game. Rhodes uttely wasted on his own upfront. Gutherie had a good debut I thought. Delfouneso looks like he could be a great player if he could be bothered, (past history and his attitude after 15 minutes of the game starting tells me he can't). Wolves worthy winners on effort, even it was handball for their 2nd. You make your own luck.

re: Business as usual

Negative negative negative..

Early days and we stayed in it..

Sorry Sax. I'll be more positive, if it wasn't for the lack of motivation to compete for passes, lose balls and to get into position to back up players in possession, we'd probably have won.

Is that any better?

Did you see any of the match Saxo?

I've seen very brief highlights and had a look at loads of reports. I've also been through lots of fan-sites on both sides.
    Of course, I'm more confused than ever. I've seen both Hanley and Lowe described as "man-of-the-match" for Rovers. I've also seen them both panned. There seems to be consensus on two issue, though: 1) Duffy was poor; 2) Marshall is no good as a support-striker (although quite a few fans have been advocating playing him in that position).
    The wide differences of opinion do prove, to some extent, that what you believe in advance colours what you actually see.
    What everyone seems to agree on, though, is that Rovers surrendered mid-field control after about half an hour, and rarely looked dangerous again until the last 15 minutes. In other words, a repeat of last season's inability to sustain a pattern for 90 minutes.
    Clearly, some of the new players were being checked out, but they all seem to have got mixed reports. From the statistics, I take it there wasn'

(I realise Cup-matches are usually used to look at fringe players, but surely we need to bed in the new players without experimenting too much. No harm in starting either O'Sullivan or Lenihan, though, I suppose).
    Sorry - that was supposed to be an "Edit".

It was a disappointing outcome, but stats wise and comments from educated people I have read suggest us taking a draw from the game would have not been unjust..

As I say, early days yet..

Early days yes but the only stat that wins games is goals and that formation won't score goals. Rhodes needs proper support. i'm never making this comment again. Tiresome.

For f.ucks sake, I wish Rhodes would just f.uck off to boro..

Never his fault, Mr can't do wrong..!

That's a very good idea then it gives an opportunity to delfounso to bag 25+ goals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)