+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is our scouting network extensive enough?

Is our scouting network extensive enough?

Ive been reading about how Watford achieved promotion last season with apparently one of the most extensive scouting networks of all 92 clubs. Along with many others,I would never have guessed they would get promoted!

I guess most people today would put Southampton as the No.1. club who seriously bring on talented players in almost conveyer-belt fashion.The list from Gareth Bale,Theo Walcott,Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain,etc is endless. Arsenal also have had great success,mainly from cherry-picking players from France..and Manchester United used to have(maybe still do)one of the best networks.They picked up David Beckham NOT Tottenham,Arsenal or West Ham!! Of course,such great attention to detail does come at a price!
    Crewes legendary "finding of talent"under Dario Gradi never gave them much success,albeit they were working under severe financial constraints.

Which brings me to the point that instead of scratching around looking for players can we not permanently have a few players

re: Is our scouting network extensive enough?

We are looking at a Bulgarian forward that has played all his football in Italy. I'd say our scouting is going OK at the moment.

The same scouting found Gestede floundering in Cardiffs reserves. Marshall in Leicester's, Conway at Cardiff. They seem to have found a good player in the French lad who came on yesterday. I would say in the list of things wrong at the club, scouting is about last.

On trial for contracts appeals to me, there must be a lot of overlooked talent out there.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)