+ Visit Sunderland FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are You Watching Ellis Short

Are You Watching Ellis Short

This rang around the Ground at Least Three times before i Left on 80 minutes....I`ve NEVER heard it before and am sensing a bit of a Sea Change among Fans who i think are sick & tired of blaming successive Managers for the s hite we have to endure Season after Season....

This will Force him to act in the Right manner hopefully.......

All Sunderland Fans Love Advocaat and will back him AND his judgements to the hilt, of that i feel certain, but Ellis Short HAS GOT TO DO LIKEWISE.....

Something Brought Dick back to Sunderland, his Tears and Emotional State at the end of last season were 100% genuine.......Promises and assurances will have been made in order to sway him out of retirement and secure his services to SAFC, i hope he has`nt been let down, cajoled, or lied to by the hierarchy because he deserves so much better...

I get the distinct impression that this time the Fans will not turn on Dick, and Mr Short will be in for a rude awakening when he gets to feel their wr

re: Are You Watching Ellis Short

Its down to the players, I can't see its Dick or Shorts fault, they simply weren't doing the basic's. There bloody professional footballers (most of them very experienced also) they know how to bloody well put a tackle, and that's what they weren't doing!

Match of the days Cattermole having a chat with someone behind him, and not watching the game, its purely down to that sort of on the pitch acts! Players are completely to blame.

I coach football and rugby (mainly rugby) but the principles of it are the same in where, there's only so many drills, so much tactical planning, and talking you can do! At the end of the day if there not performing on the pitch then they lose and only the players can do that.

re: Are You Watching Ellis Short

The reply in the programme notes yesterday was spot on, yes he was and after the third goal went in he switched his TV off and went for an angry walk. I stayed until full time and then went for an angry walk. In fact it lasted all week!!