+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QUEENS HALL OF FAME

re: QUEENS HALL OF FAME

The same Mr Davie Rae who almost bankrupted the club during his tenure as Chairman resulting in the fans getting the collecting buckets out? Not sure about that nomination from the club.

How about inducting a long standing fan who has dedicated a lot of time and effort into one of the Supporters Groups? Someone like Ross Corbett or Jim McCormack? There are numerous other worthy candidates. Just a thought...

here here ,good shout would not be the worst move for the club to make, inducting the legend jim mccormick to the hall of fame .

I'd have a fan or fans in the Hall of Fame . We've already got a groundsman & a shop volunteer on the list .

There's plenty fans who should perhaps be considered and the two above would certainly be ot the top of the list

You make a good point about Mr Rae . He did indeed pump thousands of pounds of his own money into his beloved club but some mismanagement & some ridiculously high contracts handed out to the likes of Stewart Kean , JT , Tosher etc nearly killed the club .

Mr Hewitson came in and saved the day for Davie & Queens . We're lucky to have him on board along with Mark Blount & Craig Patterson

Was that the same Davie Rae that put a lot of his personal wealth into Queens ? QoS are run far more shrewdly now than in Davie Rae's era but don't ever question his intention or even sacrifice for Queens. Deservedly in the Hall Of Fame in my eyes.

yep davie rea run queens from the heart wanting to see his club mix it with the big boys ,just a bit to much from the heart though ,hewitson is going about it the right way using his head building the base first ,in a few years i think queens will make the breakthrough and once again be mixing it with the big boys .

I'd certainly back Ross and Jumbo who over the years got bodies on buses to away games. Maybe next time round though !

Well well well welcome back KFS - couldn't resist a poke at Davie Rae but you have a point.

Still surviving at Kingsmeadow ?

They may be surviving but to really make an impact they surely need a Brooks Mileson type figure at the helm !

JR, I concur wholeheartedly with your comments re. David Rae - did anyone complain at the time when he took the decision for us to go full-time ? A decision that has given us all experiences that we previously only could dream about.

Whenever he spoke about the Club you could hear the affection he had for it in his voice. Not only Chairman but certainly a real fan too.

Can't see wee Jim Mac being interested in a '' Ball '' to be honest though he defo should be in the Hall
    of Fame someday - I'm sure many years ago he was voted in a newspaper competition Scottish ''fan of the
    year '' - also the only Queens fan I know who in times gone by had a song about himself sang by his fellow
    Doonhamers at games - '' Jim McCormick is a horses - - - '' - he is a top man !

It was the Sunday Post fine fare fan of the month all but 30 year ago.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)