+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aberdeen Podcast

re: New Aberdeen Podcast

Yup, it's that time of the week where we charmlessly spam our latest podcast.

We were joined by BT Sport's Derek Rae last night for a post-mortem on Saturday's limp display, some mourning over the loss of Danny Ward and a chat with Derek about his varied career to date. Listen to the show on the link below:

https://soundcloud.com/bytheminsport/btm-aberdeen-podcast-26-derek-rae-special

Quote Originally Posted by BTM Aberdeen Podcast
    We were joined by BT Sport's Derek Rae last night
    I'm not on Twitter but I meant to say for you to ask him about BT Sport's SPFL TV deal.

It seems that either BT Sport have no rights to any Celtic home games, or Sky get first pick and pick all of the 5 Celtic home games that can be shown live.

Would you be able to ask him?

Quote Originally Posted by kkong
    We were joined by BT Sport's Derek Rae last night
    I'm not on Twitter but I meant to say for you to ask him about BT Sport's SPFL TV deal.

It seems that either BT Sport have no rights to any Celtic home games, or Sky get first pick and pick all of the 5 Celtic home games that can be shown live.

Would you be able to ask him?[/quote]

We got a fair bit of feedback on Twitter as well about stuff relating to match picks, or the value of the TV deal, but we knew there was no point asking that question as the mechanics of the deal are nothing to do with Derek. He basically commentates on the games he's told to do - was the same when he was covering Brazilian football or whatever else at ESPN.

The other point raised frequently was about the general dreadfulness of Chris Sutton. Again, it's fairly pointless asking that question as he gets given a co-commentator without much say.

Quote Originally Posted by BTM Aberdeen Podcast
    Yup, it's that time of the week where we charmlessly spam our latest podcast.

We were joined by BT Sport's Derek Rae last night for a post-mortem on Saturday's limp display, some mourning over the loss of Danny Ward and a chat with Derek about his varied career to date. Listen to the show on the link below:

https://soundcloud.com/bytheminsport/btm-aberdeen-podcast-26-derek-rae-special
    Just caught up with this one. Good Lad Derek Rae.

Figure you're going to bag the third of the prile of Dandie radio commentators next - Liam MacLeod?

Derek Rae was a great listen, when you compare him to someone like Paul Lawrie, who basically self promoted all the way through the interview. Don't know what your going to get until you sit down I guess-podcasts are great though.

Keep up the good work lads.

the Richard Gordon interview was top class - well done

(Catching up from a month off over xmas)

Gallus min, again I'm not entirely sure what your beef with Paul Lawrie is, but I really don't think that's fair. It was entirely our decision to talk about his foundation etc and direct the chat there rather than look back through his career in great detail. And if you do consider that to be self-promotion then so what? I think these things are genuinely giving a lot back to the North East and deserve to be promoted.

That aside, thanks for the feedback above and to anybody that's taken the time to listen so far.

Feedback topic for next week's show is "watching the Dons surrounded by opposition fans". So whether that's in the home end at an away game, or in a pub deep into enemy territory, let's have your stories.

Sounds a good thing your doing lads,

But
    Am gan to sound thick as mince here

Fits a podcast? And how do i get on it?
    No smart answers please!

Quote Originally Posted by MalagaSheep
    Sounds a good thing your doing lads,

But
    Am gan to sound thick as mince here

Fits a podcast? And how do i get on it?
    No smart answers please!
    How do you get on it? Well by about half way through next season we'll have probably have run out of half-decent guests so just bide your time...

But if you just want to listen to it, easiest way is just to follow this link
    https://soundcloud.com/bytheminsport/sets/by-the-min-aberdeen
    and then press the play button on the show you want to listen to.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast