+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too disappointing

Too disappointing

Tonight was hard to watch and I`m currently too disappointed to start trying to sum it up on here .

re: Too disappointing

There's not much to sum up Needle. Shrewsbury were very well organised, rode their luck, took their chances. Individuallly, we had some decent looking players on the pitch. But they were not a unit, just a bunch of guys in blue and white kits. They all seemed to want to get a result, but couldn't read each other a lot of the time and as usual, didn't often bother to back up a player in posession who was under pressure. All in all, typical Rovers of the last 2/3 seasons.

Still, impromutu trip down for the Danrrr family, rather just me and the 'the lad.' So not all bad.

Hope robin reads this Dan as he wants a full report, you have saved me the task of having to explain our adolescence, By the way I enjoyed second half.

Why the Fouck did Bowyer not play Rhodes ?

I back up what Howie said on the other thread: I'd have preferred to see only one or two youngsters, and more of a chance for the newcomers to gel.
    Having said that, GB put in several of the players fans have been calling for, and - judging by his comments on the official site - he wasn't happy with the way they responded to the opportunity.
    There must be a lot of disappointed fans at other Championship clubs as well (I've just looked at all the results). Clearly, clubs from the lower divisions take this competition more seriously, although I'll never understand the apparent lack of motivation/ambition that shows up every year in the "League Cup").
    Off the topic a bit, can anyone understand the signing of Akpan? Another central midfielder who has normally played a "holding" role? Really?
    So that gives us Lowe, Williamson, Lenihan, Petshi, Guthrie, Evans and Akpan in the middle - none of whom are really attacking/creative players - accompanied by Rhodes, Brown, Delfouneso, Koita, B

Thanks Dan/pat
    Sounds like another poor result/performance
    I am with aucks bowyers signings do seem to be a little one sided in certain areas of the team while in central defence we have Duffy and hanley who are both dodgy and kilgallon who can be injury prone.

4th year in a row weve lost at this stage to lower league opposition.

I did say I hoped Gary Bowyer wouldnt play too weak a team,but honestly most of the players havent played together at all,so like a training session,they need to get to know each others game. A tad naive on his part......

Its also worth pointing out many other Championship teams got whacked last night,notably Burnley although they have the reasonable excuse of playing away from home,
    . So for once,Im not too critical of Gary Bowyers selection,although I agree Aucks, does he REALLY NEED more and more and more midfielders who all play the same way Especially with financial fair play restrictions-why waste money? Does it not stop the youngsters from the academy & reserves getting a chance? (Such as Mahoney,Green,Forrester,Tomlinson etc.,)

Im still hopeful we can find a few polished gems from the"lucky bag"of new signings, and hopefully like last year a good F.A.Cup run cos otherwise,I think it

Correct bob out in the first round again....and Kean got slated for forfeiting that tie against Cardiff whilst GB forfeits for the last three seasons..

Of all the seasons we could have done with staying in was this.A chance to progress make a little money which wouldnt be a bad thing in our predicament but above all else get a win under our belts.
    GB how naive,the guy must know hes going to be under pressure from fans to get results after the previous two lame seasons yet fields a second string eleven and out we go .

A good chance to play his eleven that he thinks will play at Huddersfield,get some understanding and system working but no,we ll have another 8-9 changes at weekend ,probably 3-4 from the previous
    Saturday and run the risk of being turned over again.

GB doesnt seem to learn.

Let's be totally honest here guys (howie, Bob, Dan) if this was SK we were talking about just how much angst would be pouring down now ???
    GB's only saving grace is that he is GB.
    That may well be a little too rich for some, but I simply like to view things as they are.
    If I was in GB's shoes would I really be all that confident I was on the right track ???
    For me GB has, and has had for some considerable time a pretty full deck of cards to play and he just seems to keep shuffling them and then throwing a hand down HOPING a winning hand lands.
    I don't gamble and certainly don't play cards ie poker, but if I had a go I am fairly sure that I would do a fairly good impression of GB with my fingers and toes crossed hoping for luck.

Just to make it clear, I have absolutely nothing against GB as he's a decent nice guy, but the clock is ticking and we are no nearer salvation than we where two years ago, and I firmly believe the stands are going to be clearing fairly rapidly if those

My view Despair is that Bowyer could keep us in the Championship a season or so longer, but as the team gets weaker as we get more skint, results will be better and better for the opposition. I expect we'll be worse this season than last. The idea of a push for the play-off's is laughable with our current organisation on the pitch. No width, not a lot of understanding of roles and no clear game plan. However, Venky's track record for mangers isn't very good. With Kean we expected someone better, that didn't happen, so Bowyer Out is a tricky one. But my opinion is that we'll fall lower and lower with him. I hope I am made to eat my words with this comment at the end of the season.But with Derick fk'ing Shaw running the show, that's unlikely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)