+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hutton & Heffernan

Hutton & Heffernan

Sounds like Kyle Hutton & Paul Heffernan have agreed personal terms at Queens & will be officially signed once all the paperwork is sorted out

re: Hutton & Heffernan

This is a good statement of intent by the club as I would expect both of these players will not come cheap. Heffernan is a tried and proven front man who has been at a number of senior clubs so obviously has something to offer but whether he still has the pace and commitment, as shown by Lyle at the weekend, it has still to be seen. Hutton is a potential star in the making and reports indicate that he could have gone to Dunfermline so well done to Queen's to have got their man.
    Mon the South

Hutton & Heffernan have both now signed deals with Queens until January

I was not sure about Heffernan at first but it will be good to get someone with experience coming in to help the younger players and add to what the likes of Dowie, Lyle and Higgins provide in professionalism. Hutton is coming to us at a good age and I think he can add another dimension to our midfield kicking on from his past injury troubles a season or so ago.

I would ideally like us to add another defender to our armoury if we can, however this is another positive move by Queens.

What's wrong with the experience Lyle and Russell provide the young strikers?

All this does is knock Pickard and Smith further down the pecking order which is bad in both the short and long term IMO.

A point well made Cammy

I was inferring that he would be adding to what they already provide, I didn't say there was anything wrong with the experience they provide. I was not in favour of Heffernan signing but you have to take the positive's as its not as if I/we have any control over who Fowler wants to add to the club. He has played his football across the UK so would be good for the younger players to get his perspective on things which can surely only be a benefit as well as learning from our current players.

Smith in particular will have a world of advice on hand now and there is no reason why he can't take from that an even displace our exisitng forwards if he develops.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)