+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans feel excluded?

Fans feel excluded?

I meant to post this question when I heard a fan ring RS after the match on Saturday. She had been in the GRE and enjoyed the match sort of but then added at the end that she was disappointed that after all the support that end gave during the match (as usual) the Alex players didn't show their appreciation by coming over the that end after the match and so felt excluded from the whole process.

Obviously its difficult as at the end, the players from both teams are shaking hands and walking to the dressing rooms and so how could that be managed? I think she has a point and think all clubs should rethink how they do things to make fans feel wanted and special and so as I am always ahead of my time.. I suggest that the players come on the pitch at the start and all run in front of the main stand and GRE clapping the fans and then do the same again at the end of the game after they have shaken hands with the opposition. Some players do come back on the pitch to warm down and so time

re: Fans feel excluded?

Think you need to find something to fill your day Mike rather than dreaming up another pointless nugget of negativity!

What a stupid reply! What's negative about thinking about the fans for a change? It wasn't my initial comment but someone who thinks she felt excluded. Are you ten years old BTW?

Agree with MikeSB on this one. The club take the fans for granted. It is not possible after every game to approach a section of the crowd but every now and again would be appreciated. Lets not forget though most of the supporters are out of the ground minutes after the final whistle goes win or loss. So it will be a two way thing between fans and supporters.
    I recently went to watch England beat Australia and the England players took over an hour and a half to walk half way around the ground having pictures etc taken . I know this was after a major win but it seemed natural and not stage managed.
    Having increased the numbers in the Gresty Road end at the close of last season the club appear too have sat back and expected them just to return this season without any work on there part and Saturdays game lacked any atmosphere because of this. With a vocal ground behind them Crewe might have lifted there game and won the game . What are the results of the clubs survey they as

i feel more excluded by our sh#tty board - who tell us nowt

then when we ask say its comercialy sensative

wheres the meeting to discuss the new changes that have been hinted at
    instead of the shareholders meeting?

whats the results of the survey about the ground etc

i sent e-mail to rob wilson about the questions asked for a proggy feature
    never even got a think you

I must be an exception. I find the Alex Board (most of them) exceptionally approachable, likeable, honest and sincere. The management team, from the top throughout the structure (well those I've met), will also stop for a chat, even when they are busy.
    At away games I have been consistently impressed by the players coming across to applaud the travelling Alex - and often egged-on to do so by Steve Davis.
    We are one League game into the season. Perhaps now is not the time for an outpouring of negativity?

COYRs

I hear the clubs tightening up on freebies (tickets) and cutting lot's back. And i am not talking the ones given away at the Soccer centre either, or in schools. Seems some folk have been abusing the privilege in receipt of them.