+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bob Syme

Bob Syme

Just heard some sad news that Queens fan Bob Syme has passed away today after illness. A great friend to lots of us and ex workmate of mine . A big guy, his cheery manner will be missed , especially in the QoS bar.

re: Bob Syme

Really sorry to hear this. I had heard Bob [Jimmy] was ill ages ago, but thought he might have got better. I knew Bob for years, the first time I met him we were eleven year olds, a Lincluden/St Andrews select played Laurieknowe to open The King George the Fifth playing field, Bob, I knew him as Jimmy then was a reserve for Laurieknowe, and I for the select, neither of us played as there were no subs then but we got on well with each other. Lots of guys who played in that game later became good friends, one wee Wattie Dyer even was best man at my first wedding. I grew up in Lincluden and Bob and his good mate Spud Byers lived just across the Glasgow road in Lochside, I met up with most of them again at the High Shool where Spud was in my class. I always had a lot of time for Bob good guy with a good sense of humor and I would often say hello when I was home. Thoughts are with his family. God Bless Bob. John Rodgers.

Very sad news to hear Bob has passed away after a brave fight against his illness. I played football with and against him over the years and up until the end of last season saw him at Palmy or in the Dev every week with his great pals Beatle, Arthur and Ross. - rest in peace.

So sorry to hear Bob has passed away . Smashing big fella who I had a lot of time for ......

Rest in peace Bob

So sorry to hear of his passing. A true gent in every sense with a personality and sense of humour as big as those broad shoulders. Always made me smile any time I bumped into him. A good man that will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him I am sure

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)