+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crewe Alex Match

Crewe Alex Match

Should be a good footballing game against a Crewe side who always attempt to play football that is pleasing on the eye. A performance matching Tuesday nights against Barnsley plus cutting out the kamikaze defending should bring three points and get the season rolling.

I remain happy with the way Robins is trying to get us to play through midfield rather than revert back to hoofball as it's been proved to be the way to gain success in this league. The more we play it the more the back three and the keeper will learn when they just have to clear their lines. When we do get it right we look a really good team.

I'm predicting a 2-0 win tomorrow. Both goals from Paddy Madden.

re: Crewe Alex Match

I agree, this is not the time to be giving up on Robins, or losing faith in what he is trying to do.

There was always going to be teething problems after such a flattering run in pre season, hopefully our players have had enough reality to know this is a tough division. Time for all those leaders on the pitch to lead, and the battlers to battle. Where will the creativity come from? That is the question they must answer in a match we really should be winning.

I would like to see KVV play in behind Madden and either Hopper or Henderson from the start.If we need to go for a plan B then Hakeeb early enough in the 2nd half to make an impression, with McSheffery on the other side.

We have the personel, let's make it work.

UTI

'I'm predicting a 2-0 win tomorrow. Both goals from Paddy Madden.'

Get in!!

A workman like performance by tired players against a young, albeit inexperienced Crewe side.

We are going to have to scrape a few results while this squad gets its act together, but it will get better and we will be alright.

Paddy will bag 30+ goals this season, and probably the golden boot.

The naysayers will continue to complain right to the end, how boring is that?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)