+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next up - Aberdeen

Next up - Aberdeen

A few bookies have us at 4/1 to win tomorrow. I won't be risking anything on that! - view external link

re: Next up - Aberdeen

Neither will i have wrongly predicted all our games this season and hopefully i keep my 100% record tomorrow as going for a Dons win but its football anything can happen who would have fancied killie to take a point off celtic

4/1 at home against a non-OF team is ridiculous but it's sadly not an unfair assessment given how the teams look. Can't see anything other than a convincing defeat.

after that sh1te on Tuesday a 100/1 wouldnt be unreasonable

Why what happened on Tuesday ?

We will lose tomorrow as sure as night follows day and I reckon we could be looking at anything from a three to five - nil defeat. We simply don't have a midfield player worthy of the, we can't score goals and our backline and goalkeeper continue to look suspect - to put it generously. And if all of that isn't stacking the odds against us enough as it is, we are up against arguably the 2nd best side in the division who are looking solid, creative and capable of beating anyone bar Celtic....

Tomorrow is going to be one long afternoon.

JambWell, 'Well 1 (McDonald) Dons 0;
    Pollypotts, 'Well 2 (Clarkson, Lasley) Dons 1 (Goodwillie);
    Eddie Steelman, 'Well 0 Dons 2 (Rooney, McGinn);
    Dynamo Kev, 'Well 1 (McDonald) Dons 1 (Goodwillie).

Aach - I''ll chuck a tenner Paddy Power's way on us to win. The risk v reward is too great to miss ...

Can't argue with any of that.

It's one of these games where on the face of it we're likely to be so out of our depth, I wouldn't worry about trying to score goals but just keep ourselves in it for as long as possible. McDonald up front rather than the nowhereville of the first three games, Leitch as an extra central player alongside Lasley and the newbie.

Johnson and Ainsworth have the pace and skill to get us up the park occasionally on the break and we can buy a ticket for the raffle with long shots and set pieces...but really, it's hard to see anything other than a totally comprehensive defeat whatever our plan, we just don't have the players to match Aberdeen right now.

Spot on really. I can't see where a goal is coming from at the moment far less a win......Another defeat for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)